Olympic biathalon

Action shooting sports and ultra long range shooting should be part of the Olympics but the twit in charge of the shooting sports committee at the IOC is a rabid anti-gun German pansy that's been trying to eliminate the existing sports from the games for over a decade. I was hoping that the resurgence of shooting sports in the USA, central Europe, and amazingly in Russia would lead to changes at the IOC from sponsorship money and bribery, but no such luck.

pretty much biathlon guns are merely strip fed match guns old match guns can be found for 500-1k easy target talk is a good place to locate them easily FYI get a gun that has sites they are an significant price of the gun . Decades ago there was a push to introduce an summer form of biathlon in mountain biking , I had a gun then for this it is primitive to what they are today , there is also an air version made by Styer

FTR, it's spelt biathlon.

There are several places in New England that offer the sport of biathlon. If you want to learn the fundamentals, I'd recommend taking a lesson from Wayne in Jackson, NH.
| Biathlon

Other places:
- Harvard Sportsmens Club in Harvard MA, they usually meet monthly to practice/race and are more than happy to show you their rifles (Harvard Sportsmen's Club - Biathalon)
- Pemi Valley in NH (The Pemigewasset Fish and Game Club)
- Ethan Allen in Jericho VT
- Ft Kent in Maine
- National Heritage Center in Maine

Biathlon rifles readily available here in the States are the Anschutz 1847 Fortner and Anschutz 64 Biathlon Sprint. Izhmash has a biathlon rifle, but new rifles are no longer available because of the sanctions on Russia. There are several traditional bolt action rifles that can be used, but some modification is required if you want to use them for winter biathlon. Here is an example:
- Savage Mark II FVT action
- Stock from either
1. http://lostnationrd.com/products/versatile-biathlon-stock/
2. Eastern Sierra Armory
- Snow sights from Eastern Sierra Armory
- Cuff
1. Home
2. Altius Handcrafted Firearms
- Sling
1. http://maverickbiathlon.com/Home.html
2. http://www.altiusguns.com/
- Harness
1. http://maverickbiathlon.com/Home.html
2. http://www.altiusguns.com/

Once you have your rifle, the next thing will be your ski equipment and wax. For really nice stuff, you are looking at $2k+ for skis, boots, bindings and poles. You can pay upwards of $100 for 1 gram of wax. BUT, you can get a beginner skate package that is good to learn/race on for $400-500.

I posted this in another(wrong) thread. So here she is: ANASTASIA BRYZGALOVA...YOWZA!!!

Curling up with a curler!

Russia mixed curling team.

1518531782432.jpg

...Once you have your rifle, the next thing will be your ski equipment and wax. For really nice stuff, you are looking at $2k+ for skis, boots, bindings and poles. You can pay upwards of $100 for 1 gram of wax. BUT, you can get a beginner skate package that is good to learn/race on for $400-500.

You know what would be fun? A RECREATIONAL biathlon group or league, or whatever. I want the whole thing to cost no more than $400-500. Just some basic wooden skis and a 10/22 would do, with an old candle for the wax. Have a bunch of simple oval tracks set up on old landfills, and let people compete with other regions. Maybe 20-30 per New England state.

Another plug for the Lost Nation R&D stock. Made right here in VT.

Although apparently the boys from the NEK forgot to pay the Olympic Committee their bribe, so big sticker over LNR&D logo; Adidas on the other hand...

That's what I was saying... the only firearm sponsorship you see is the Anschutz on the muzzle end and that's fairly small... very little large sponsor advertising.

There should be a "man's man" pentathlon or decathlon: shooting, archery, spear, ax/tomahawk throw, knife throw, board breaking (karate), ring the bell with mallet, carry a barrel/tree trunk, and shot put.

Maybe I'll propose this at our sportsman's club.

Everybody makes fun of the little .22 until they try something other than blasting clay pigeons at 50 yards from a bench.

There should be a "man's man" pentathlon or decathlon: shooting, archery, spear, ax/tomahawk throw, knife throw, board breaking (karate), ring the bell with mallet, carry a barrel/tree trunk, and shot put.

Maybe I'll propose this at our sportsman's club.
You forgot peeing your name in the snow

Men's and women's mass start was on this weekend. I highly recommend it, very entertaining. They all start at once and stay in a pretty tight group until the shooting. The hits and misses breaks up the herd into smaller groups. 4 shooting stops.

If you have cable, you can rewatch online at nbc. Event is about 40 min each.

You know what would be fun? A RECREATIONAL biathlon group or league, or whatever. I want the whole thing to cost no more than $400-500. Just some basic wooden skis and a 10/22 would do, with an old candle for the wax. Have a bunch of simple oval tracks set up on old landfills, and let people compete with other regions. Maybe 20-30 per New England state.

You organize it, I'll show up and bring others with me.

Back
Top Bottom