• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Olight M2R Warrior

beaker

NES Member
I have a flashlight problem...

I picked up an Olight M2R Warrior as a gift for my son, and what a great flashlight. Comes with a high capacity rechargeable 18650 (3500 mah). It has both a quiet operation Tailcap and side switches, and rechargeable using a magnetic tailcap charger from a usb power source. The tailcap switch is completely silent and well implemented. I have a number of, well a ridiculous number actually, of different model Olights to compare it to. this is pretty close to as good as an EDC or Tactical flashlight I have seen. It also comes with a very nice low profile sheath as well.

I just grabbed some images
olight M2R Warrior Rechargeable.jpg olight-m2r-warrior-gal9595-file.jpg

I use one at work. The only problem I have with it is the end cap is magnetic and collects steel/ rust particles, that end up causing problems with its operation. Other than that it’s great.

I almost bought one in the group buy but it irritates me that they use the special charging cap instead of a simple micro usb. If I lost that wire I'd be up a creek. It's odd too because other lights in their line use the usb wire to charge. Seems awesome otherwise.

I should have mine (from the group buy) by the end of the coming week. I also have one of their head lights coming to me. I already have two Olights, so this will put me to four. All recharging too. Got a small one for mom a few years back (not recharging). I provide her with the CR123 batteries as she needs them.

I have both the M2R and the M2T. The M2T is my bedside flashlight and the one I grab if I think I'll need something bigger than my EDC S1R.

But I am not completely sold on the tailcap charger. Yes it works and I am pretty sure that Olight has tested it under all conditions. Like another poster pointed out, it will pick up items and debris which you don't want.

Back
Top Bottom