• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTB old/used leaf or coil springs

Golddiggie

NES Member
Looking for old leaf springs or coil springs (off trucks, or larger diameter stock) that you're otherwise going to junk. Willing to go a reasonable distance from Pelham (about an hour each way max.). Plan to re-purpose these (not going into/onto any vehicles, I'm not stupid).

Send me a PM if you have any before you toss them in the trash or junk/scrap box.

Also interested in O1, 1075-1095 steel if you have it.

both...worcester. if i wasn't so friggen busy right now i'd offer to bring them to you so I could make a run to rileys.

i work at a junkyard (for the time being...kinda feeling like it's time to move on and be a grown up at some point soonish)...are you just repurposing the spring steel?

i MIGHT...key word MIGHT try to make it to the Garand match at Pelham this Saturday...no promises, and it's looking bleak with the weather, but if I do, you can have what I have off my tacoma. i was just going to scrap them anyway.

both...worcester. if i wasn't so friggen busy right now i'd offer to bring them to you so I could make a run to rileys.

i work at a junkyard (for the time being...kinda feeling like it's time to move on and be a grown up at some point soonish)...are you just repurposing the spring steel?

i MIGHT...key word MIGHT try to make it to the Garand match at Pelham this Saturday...no promises, and it's looking bleak with the weather, but if I do, you can have what I have off my tacoma. i was just going to scrap them anyway.

I plan to run them thru the forge to make other things out of them (blades mostly).

I'll send you a PM to take this offline...

Will these work for you? I should have more kicking around somewhere too.

Attachments

• 20171122_140257.jpg
    20171122_140257.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 79
Lol....raise your hand if you watch Forged in Fire.
Hellz YEAH!!!

The forge I have is from the same company that provides them to the show. ;) 2 burner version, and not stupid expensive either (even the "deluxe" model is only $350 + shipping)... Got my anvil setup and ready to rock and roll. Have some steel on hand, but want more before I really start to "heat 'n beat"... :D

Hellz YEAH!!!

The forge I have is from the same company that provides them to the show. ;) 2 burner version, and not stupid expensive either (even the "deluxe" model is only $350 + shipping)... Got my anvil setup and ready to rock and roll. Have some steel on hand, but want more before I really start to "heat 'n beat"... :D

Awesome show. Good luck, post pics of your work.

My wife and I love that show. One of the only things we've been watching lately

I know the feeling

I think I have some springs from a semi trailer if you ever get down to my area in MA. They are obviously pretty substantial.

Chance of me going that deep into MA (or almost thru it) is really, really, REALLY remote. Would love the springs, so maybe we can work something out where I'm not making a crazy drive (from Pelham, NH)...

That’s kind of what I figured, I do occasionally get that way but not enough to say I will be there on “x” day. I will let you know if I do get up there though.

Still looking for some leaf springs. At least until I make a trip to the local scrapyards.

BTW, last time I checked (not too long ago) you would be LUCKY to get more than 2-3 cents a pound for any steel/heavy iron at a scrap yard. Once the Chinese were done sucking it all up, the value went thru the floor, the basement under it, and into the planets core. Many yards wouldn't give you anything for it since they would be lucky to get a couple of cents a pound.

Back
Top Bottom