Old timer with expired license want to get rid of an old revolver.

There's an old timer in my neighborhood whose permit has long since expired. He has a revolver in a lock box that hasn't seen the light of day for more than a decade. He wants to get it out of his house. It's been registered in the past. Can we complete a transaction without any legal issues?

Have a CURRENT LTC holder take him, proof of Identity, and the firearm to a local FFL and do the transfer there. $20-40 dollars, completely legal, and one less worry for the new owner.

Last edited:
There's an old timer in my neighborhood whose permit has long since expired. He has a revolver in a lock box that hasn't seen the light of day for more than a decade. He wants to get it out of his house. It's been registered in the past. Can we complete a transaction without any legal issues?

Need to use an FFL since he doesn't have a valid license. Also, take possession of it and transport it to the FFL for him, and do the paperwork there with him. Don't let him transport it, even though possession on an expired license is only a civil penalty, it's not worth the hassle (IIRC)

From the OP it sounds like it was FA-10'd at one point in its history already. So I'm assuming that's why he's asking how to transfer it now.

Doesn't the law state borrow or possess, borrow or possess it and hand it down till the revolution or you move to a free state.

From the OP it sounds like it was FA-10'd at one point in its history already. So I'm assuming that's why he's asking how to transfer it now.
An old guy very well could have bought it before there were FA10's. My late father had an old revolver around somewhere that clearly would be off the records. One of these days I need to find it in my parent's house and free MA from the horror of an old never used junky revolver with all the chrome fallen off of It.

Probably Colt Python, never been fired.....

Already have one of those. I can assure everyone this revolver is no trophy piece, but I have no idea what make or model it is. He had it as a security guard. Thanks for the advice.

security guard revolver? probably rusty & more full of dust bunnies & lint that 10 belly-buttons....

Already have one of those. I can assure everyone this revolver is no trophy piece, but I have no idea what make or model it is. He had it as a security guard. Thanks for the advice.

SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL!

Disappear it for him. As far as the Comm of MA is concerned, it went away with him when he died.

Back
Top Bottom