• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old shell casing found at Bellingham High School prompts early dismissal

Whatever happened to just pulling a fire alarm? I used to do it at least once a year. You didn't get the whole day off but it was an hour or so out of class.
Cuz why pull a fire alarm and get an hour off, when you can drop some spent brass and get the rest of the day?

When we take our daughters to the range, we bring a certain amount of ammo and account for every round. 100 rounds of .22LR fired, 100 spent .22LR cases in the trash bin. Zero chance of a live round or spent piece of brass being carried to school, intentionally or not.

Unless the guy BEFORE you missed that ONE casing when he cleaned up.

I've posted this before: when I was in high school in Lexington, of all Godless, MFing lefty places, in the late 1970s, we had a rifle team. The chemistry teacher, a very nice and capable instructor, ran the team and kept the .22 bolt action rifles in a closet in the classroom. This was before the brainwashed Stalinists took over.

One of the elementary schools in Foxboro had a range in the cellar. Rifle matches for winter season were held there for South Shore Rifle league Senior Tuesday nights, and Junior League on weekends. Foxboro had a team , for both Seniors and Juniors, this was there range to call home, and would also practice there when ever they wanted. This was 22 long rifle, rim fire, so how many countless spent rounds were in the spent round bucket?

Of all these spent brass lockdown, dismissal incidents have they ever found a gun to go with brass? Much less heard a shot? Yeah, yeah ... out of an abundance of caution. JFC

Heh. Just two days ago I picked up half a dozen spent shotgun hulls in the parking lot of my club. I saw them sitting there and obviously they had spilled out when the trash was emptied and no one had bothered to pick them up.

No pants shitting was involved in this process.

When I was in high school in the 1960's, kids would bring live .22 ammo to shop class and squeeze the cartridges in the shop vices.

The shop teacher would take the ammo, and nothing else happened.

In Medway.

Anyone involved in making the decision or carrying it out is psychologically unfit and unqualified to ever be in charge of the welfare of anyone's children.

Because when I was in school no one would have batted an eye over a shell casing.

Luckily now we have more modern ways to get out of school, less risk more reward. You should be praising the younger generation for finding a better way. Also holy crap what has our country come to with this nonsense.

It continues to amaze me how different things are today, and not for the better.

In the 1960's and '70s, people would be shooting ("plinking") every weekend.

Hell, I had a 25 yard back yard range in Medway that NEVER had any police activity.

One shot today and SWAT shows up....geesh.

It continues to amaze me how different things are today, and not for the better.

In the 1960's and '70s, people would be shooting ("plinking") every weekend.

Hell, I had a 25 yard back yard range in Medway that NEVER had any police activity.

One shot today and SWAT shows up....geesh.
After my younger daughter gets her first .22 rifle this year, we are keeping her Daisy Model 25 BB gun. Could be handy if we have a problem with raccoons or other vermin. Might not kill, but it will give them a good sting on the ass and discourage them. All without noise that draws police attention.

I've posted this before: when I was in high school in Lexington, of all Godless, MFing lefty places, in the late 1970s, we had a rifle team. The chemistry teacher, a very nice and capable instructor, ran the team and kept the .22 bolt action rifles in a closet in the classroom. This was before the brainwashed Stalinists took over.

MsHappy has a Letter from Concord Carlisle in Riflery.

My son tried to get one going at his HS, but the administration said, "We'd like to, but the political climate won't permit...."

Yet one town over in Medway, they built the new high school on our old neighborhood shooting range. If they ever did a soil test up there they would have found yuge concentrations of lead and they must have found thousands of old shell casing while digging up the land.

This is operant conditioning for the kids, they will have been trained in automatic reaction to anything "firearm" by the time they graduate.

I went to Leominster Trade High in the 70's and i actually worked on guns in the Machine shop for part of my grade , mounted scopes on lever actions, made / repaired loading dies etc. And walked through the Schools, they are / were connected to deliver the guns to their owners.

Back
Top Bottom