Old man stops robbery

[STRIKE=line]Sounds like a win for everyone involved.[/STRIKE] That man should be arrested and hung! How dare he bring scary guns around innocent citizens! WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?

ETA: Thanks for the assist Make_MA_2A_Compliant!

Last edited:
Omfg that video made my morning. LOVED how he took the fight right to them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I love how the one thug just trampled over his buddy on the way out the door. Hahaha. See ya later!!

It's great that Mr. Williams effectively ended the threat with his little .380, but I think the general outcome would have been much more favorable had he been carrying a .45acp. ;)

"Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun"

"Both men were shot by Williams. Their wounds were not life-threatening."

This is why I don't bother with .380.

what baffles me is you click on the link and it emphasizes that he prob wont be charged, Seriously what dumb*** would even consider that. What Lawyer would even think they had a shot of convicting this person.

what baffles me is you click on the link and it emphasizes that he prob wont be charged, Seriously what dumb*** would even consider that. What Lawyer would even think they had a shot of convicting this person.

Conviction would be a near given if the state wanted it. Charge the person with a crime (mandatory 20 years in FL since the gun was discharge), offer a plea bargain, and let him decide if he wants to liquidate his retirement funds on the chance, however strong, he will win.

I dunno, ask George Zimmerman.

Seriously though, the guy kept firing after the BGs were out the door and running away. That doesn't pass my test for stopping an imminent threat.

Seriously though, the guy kept firing after the BGs were out the door and running away. That doesn't pass my test for stopping an imminent threat.

I had that same thought. What if he HAD shot one of them (e.g. in the back of the head while they were running away). This story would be much different, and the old dude would be up for murder. At least, if it happened in MA...

I can sleep at night knowing someone shot a violent felon that was an imminent threat while escaping. Those 2 were desperate ****ing animals on the hunt, then on the run. They could easily carjack someone on the run.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

He is 71, everyone knows that old people have slower reaction times. He probably started pulling the trigger while they were still inside!
(Kidding; he seemed pretty on top of his game.)
Perhaps it isn't very gentlemanly to keep shooting as they run, but hey, they started it.
I see your point though, taking a few parting shots out the door and in to the street is taking the risk of hitting a passerby and I certainly wouldn't want to live with that, or deal with the legal fallout.

How does Zimmerman relate to this, according to the evidence in his trial he shot Martin as he was on top of him pounding his head off the ground.

And also how did he know the threat was over? One guy had a gun, what was to stop the guy from stopping outside the door and then coming back in shooting?

But, but, they had hoodies on!

First of all, it was NOT in Ma. . and as far as shooting at them as they scurried out the door, can you imagine how fast the old timers heart was beating!? I'll bet he hadn't had an adrenalin rush like that in years! Probably had tunnel vision at that point and didn't even see the door.

Good for him! YEAH!

Chalk one up for the good guys!

How about the part at the end of the video where he is still shooting as they are running out the door and down the sidewalk? [thinking]

I had that same thought. What if he HAD shot one of them (e.g. in the back of the head while they were running away). This story would be much different, and the old dude would be up for murder. At least, if it happened in MA...

The last shots he fired were with the guy on the ground, still facing him. Shooter never left the building.

If the idea is to stop a threat, and the guys you've identified as being the threat are still alive and in your close proximity, then they're still a threat. Look closely at :50-:53 in the video. If that dude is facing me, I'm shooting until I'm empty, then loading another mag and shooting until he's dead or disappeared.

How does Zimmerman relate to this, according to the evidence in his trial he shot Martin as he was on top of him pounding his head off the ground.

And also how did he know the threat was over? One guy had a gun, what was to stop the guy from stopping outside the door and then coming back in shooting?
This was what I was responding to:
What Lawyer would even think they had a shot of convicting this person.
I think the same thing about them trying to convict Zimmerman.

I was all good with the guy's actions while the BGs were inside and waving guns and baseball bats around. But as soon as the attacker breaks off and runs, the defense shooting stops.

I was always taught that for self defense, you would only shoot if you perceive an imminent threat of great bodily harm to yourself or others nearby. I can't see how someone running like hell the other way out the door could ever be called an imminent threat to you. Maybe they were taking aim on some random people on the sidewalk while they were running, but I don't think it's likely.

It would be a tough time convincing a jury you were shooting in self defense when the video shows the BGs running the other way.

This was what I was responding to:

I think the same thing about them trying to convict Zimmerman.

I was all good with the guy's actions while the BGs were inside and waving guns and baseball bats around. But as soon as the attacker breaks off and runs, the defense shooting stops.

I was always taught that for self defense, you would only shoot if you perceive an imminent threat of great bodily harm to yourself or others nearby. I can't see how someone running like hell the other way out the door could ever be called an imminent threat to you. Maybe they were taking aim on some random people on the sidewalk while they were running, but I don't think it's likely.

It would be a tough time convincing a jury you were shooting in self defense when the video shows the BGs running the other way.

i gotcha about the zimmerman thing. As far as them fleeing, ya i guess if they were running away the threat is prob gone, but i look at it like this, how did the old man know that, you can prob youtube shootouts and see men running back what looks like fleeing and instead they are just running for better cover. I have no doubt the guy with the bat was running for his life, but as far as the guy with the gun who knows what was going through his head. I think its safe to assume he was running for his life but he was still in the building with a gun and at any moment he could of turned around and fired a shot. I dont think he fired at them once they had actually cleared the building. I could be wrong

i gotcha about the zimmerman thing. As far as them fleeing, ya i guess if they were running away the threat is prob gone, but i look at it like this, how did the old man know that, you can prob youtube shootouts and see men running back what looks like fleeing and instead they are just running for better cover. I have no doubt the guy with the bat was running for his life, but as far as the guy with the gun who knows what was going through his head. I think its safe to assume he was running for his life but he was still in the building with a gun and at any moment he could of turned around and fired a shot. I dont think he fired at them once they had actually cleared the building. I could be wrong
The only ones who know for sure are the people that were there. There's always doubt when looking at videos, and sometimes they don't prove what you think they do. I don't have the link handy, but there was a video used for police training that showed a LE shooting a BG. In the first dashcam view, it looks like the BG was running away. But the second angle showed him just turning from shooting at another officer.

My only thinking is if this guy were up here in the glorious northeast, he's be in jail now, and his trial would not come out very good, given the video evidence. We can argue whether that's right or wrong, but I think he would be out of luck with a jury.

Back
Top Bottom