Old Glock U Notch 'Used' Mag Rebuild

I bought an older LE trade in mag that was rebuilt by Glock back in the day. If you've seen them...theyre stamped with the 'U' on the bottom of the mag. Well, i ran this mag during some reload drills at the range and noticed that on the last round of the mag, the round was not properly feeding into the barrel. I took the mag apart at home and noticed the spring looks a little old, and the follower looks worn, or like it might not even be factory Glock. There are no markings anywhere on it.

I want to rebuild the mag simply so its reliable for carry. This is my backup mag. I have a square notch preban that i carry in the gun.

Should i just do the spring and the '9MM3' style follower for it? Has anyone ever tried to run a Glock +2 base plate on the U notch? I know theyre not full metal lined.

May just look to put an extension on the square notch and rebuild the U notch and call it a day.

Some U notch info in this thread

yea coincidentally i think i stumbled across that thread via google search. This magazine doesnt appear to have a factory glock follower in it. Its unmarked and smooth. im glad i noticed honestly because the final round in the magazine causes my gen 4 19 to FTF which is NOT what i want for my carry gun. its next to impossible to find a 9mm3 follower, but i managed to find some at a canadian retailer. i had to pay $5 for the follower and $15 for shipping [crying]

and i bought a replacement spring from glockparts. id just rather know that the magazine is rebuilt properly and will reliably feed into my EDC.

yea coincidentally i think i stumbled across that thread via google search. This magazine doesnt appear to have a factory glock follower in it. Its unmarked and smooth. im glad i noticed honestly because the final round in the magazine causes my gen 4 19 to FTF which is NOT what i want for my carry gun. its next to impossible to find a 9mm3 follower, but i managed to find some at a canadian retailer. i had to pay $5 for the follower and $15 for shipping [crying]

and i bought a replacement spring from glockparts. id just rather know that the magazine is rebuilt properly and will reliably feed into my EDC.
Can you please send me a link to that site? I have the same problem lol

Back
Top Bottom