• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old Faithful vs. White Hat Holsters

I'm in the market for an IWB holster. While CrossBreed seems to be the forum favorite, I'd rather not wait 3 months.

Both Old Faithful and White Hat are advertising 3-4 week waits, not ideal but more reasonable. Any clear cut favorite between these two?

Kahr PM9. Left handed. That site isn't too specific when listing Kahr stuff, but I'm not seeing anything that looks promising.

I'm in the market for an IWB holster. While CrossBreed seems to be the forum favorite, I'd rather not wait 3 months.

Both Old Faithful and White Hat are advertising 3-4 week waits, not ideal but more reasonable. Any clear cut favorite between these two?
More like 4.

I have a White Hat horsehide with two different kydex for it. I think it's a terrific product. But also, they're really nice folks to deal with.

Im gonna go against the grain with this one

I have crossbreed supertuck and have been wearing it faithfully for a while now.......while it conceals quite nicely i'm getting sick of it.

Im seriously thinking of going back to just plain old leather

I have no experience with White Hat but I did try an Old Faithful and found it to be ok at best. Nowhere near the quality of a Crossbreed or Comptac - the leather was too thin and retention wasn't very good. Ended up giving it away with a gun I sold.

i can personally recommend the SHTF Gear IWB (ACE-1 Kydex/Leather) hybrid......I've been wearing it everyday for about 6 months, it is similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck, but in my opinion much higher quality.... honestly, it's much much more comfortable than any holster I've ever worn...

here's a picture:

pehy9y3e.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373630108259.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373630108259.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 27
Whitehat. Can't compare to old faithful as I've never seen one but I've been wearing a natural whitehat horsehide holster for 7 months and love it. Oh and whitehat did give a discount for NRA members, not sure if they still do.

I have to admit I never take seriously stuff labeled SHTF or Zombie, or other such crap, but I'll have to take a look at that holster in addition to the others.

WRT Old Failthful holster - If you like less cant in the gun get the Belly Tuck, it's almost vertical and has adjustment for a little cant - I got the hip holster and there's too much cant for my taste. I got the kit and a second skin for a different gun. Mostly happy but nothing that wasn't my fault - didn't check the differences closely enough.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom