• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old, broken, worthless gun? Get $100 or $200 for it at a buyback in Cambridge on June 12! $50 for ammunition.

So. What.

Yeah, the two or three articles in the news every year showing a handful of old clunkers being turned in is really going to motivate them and harm us. They look foolish for paying for stuff that clearly no one wants & that would never be confused w/ a serious military style automatic super killy assault weapon.

Poison? Really? :rolleyes:
That is because you know what you are looking at.

Think as someone that is clueless and knows nothing about guns, why the 2A exists and most likely wears a mask alone in his/her house.

Those are the people making noise, and those people will see a bunch of "KILLY" sh*t that in their minds should have never been out on the streets, reinforcing their belief for gun control.

On top of that, this will give more power to the Karens organizing this and will allow them to organize more gun buy backs.

Anyone with half a brain can take all that stuff we know is useless and turn it into a great PR/marketing opportunity.

The same people that think a gun store creates crime in the community.

If you really do have an old broken clunker, hone your skills and fix it. If it's beyond repair, use the thing to hone your wood- and metal-working skills.

Learn/practice checkering, blueing, refinishing, draw filing, drilling, tapping, patching, welding, barrel pulling, cut the stock into cubes and dowels for patch jobs - disassemble and bag the parts to save or put on eBay (minus receiver) for a penny - hacksaw the barrel into 1/2" rounds for exercise - whatever - do anything but respond and perpetuate this crap.

That is because you know what you are looking at.

Think as someone that is clueless and knows nothing about guns, why the 2A exists and most likely wears a mask alone in his/her house.

Those are the people making noise, and those people will see a bunch of "KILLY" sh*t that in their minds should have never been out on the streets, reinforcing their belief for gun control.

On top of that, this will give more power to the Karens organizing this and will allow them to organize more gun buy backs.

Anyone with half a brain can take all that stuff we know is useless and turn it into a great PR/marketing opportunity.

The same people that think a gun store creates crime in the community.

I think way too much is being made of the actual impact these silly PR stunts have on anyone. Let them organize their gun buybacks in Cambridge, Lexington, etc. Let them feel good about getting killy shit (junk) off the streets. Not having/participating in these things isn't going to stop them from their anti zealotry nor will having them w/ junk being turned in help them.

If you really do have an old broken clunker, hone your skills and fix it. If it's beyond repair, use the thing to hone your wood- and metal-working skills.

Learn/practice checkering, blueing, refinishing, draw filing, drilling, tapping, patching, welding, barrel pulling, cut the stock into cubes and dowels for patch jobs - disassemble and bag the parts to save or put on eBay (minus receiver) for a penny - hacksaw the barrel into 1/2" rounds for exercise - whatever - do anything but respond and perpetuate this crap.

I don't fix things nor do I have the time or desire to hone my skills for the sake of honing my skills for something I'm never going to do anyway. How about a rusted out bolt action 12Ga w/ a broken part that renders it unusable that's in an attic in a home where no one in the home has an LTC? Perhaps brought from out of state 25 years ago and the owner didn't know how to dispose of it before the move and never got their LTC? Hypothetically of course. I don't see anything wrong w/ turning that in for $100.

<edit> if anyone here is interested in such a piece I'm happy to arrange getting it to them.

Last edited:
But they already mention airsoft and $50. So they mean legit kid toy guns. Are they really trying to get kids to give up squirt guns and such? (being from Cambridge, I already know the answer)

because they will spray paint them to look like the real deal and end up getting shot by someone with a real gun

But they already mention airsoft and $50. So they mean legit kid toy guns. Are they really trying to get kids to give up squirt guns and such? (being from Cambridge, I already know the answer)
You know the answer, but someone reading may not.

Yes. They want to cement the idea that guns are bad, that playing with toy guns represents an unhealthy attraction to "violence" that will naturally funnel into a short, painful adulthood. Their target audience is, and has always been, those soccer moms who are already scared of responsibility and hard work.

Sorry. Growing up, our uncle bought some "realistic" squirt guns for me and my brother. My mother made us leave them at his house. I guess I'm a little salty...

If they're offering free ice cream for a toy gun, would a banana count? Who hasn't used a banana as a pretend gun as a kid?

So. What.

Yeah, the two or three articles in the news every year showing a handful of old clunkers being turned in is really going to motivate them and harm us. They look foolish for paying for stuff that clearly no one wants & that would never be confused w/ a serious military style automatic super killy assault weapon.

Poison? Really? :rolleyes:
You are an absolute fvcking moron if you cannot see what the left/gov.org is doing. You should be banned from every gun board on the internet.

An FFL can conduct business at a gun show. What constitutes a gun show? Could an FFL tape a sign to his chest that says "gun show" and legally buy guns on the sidewalk in front of the buy back?

An FFL can conduct business at a gun show. What constitutes a gun show? Could an FFL tape a sign to his chest that says "gun show" and legally buy guns on the sidewalk in front of the buy back?

No he cannot without a license/permit from the city. This has been stated every single time these threads come up.

Thanks for allowing criminals to destroy evidence no questions asked!
[puke]
They'll be destroyed by the state police only AFTER they've been checked forensically and anything that "pops" as a crime gun, they will review footage of the gun confiscation event to id your vehicle and confirm your identity with facial recognition.

So wrt to last Saturday night, I do NOT recommend you get rid of "it" there.

No he cannot without a license/permit from the city. This has been stated every single time these threads come up.

It is not necessary to get a city permit to walk along the sidewalk and hand out cards or make spot offers. Setting up a card table outside the gun confiscation event, sure. That needs a permit.

We should really make a shit ton of zip guns and place a .22 round in a bag and bleed them dry. I have a bunch of flash hiders from AR builds that I could use, add that with a pistol grip on a zip gun, bam, instant assault rifle!

If you're going to try it, at least load the zip guns so they have to pay someone to unload each one.

It is not necessary to get a city permit to walk along the sidewalk and hand out cards or make spot offers. Setting up a card table outside the gun confiscation event, sure. That needs a permit

Nope! As One-Eyed Jack said in the last buyback thread that had the same brilliant plan...

You can bet that regardless of any laws, rules or regulations, the cops, who don't want to be there in the first place, would chase you out. Remember that this not a gun show and that the FFL needs to do biz at the licensed premises. Even if the FFL handed out flyers inviting folks to bring guns to a dealer location, the folks would need the correct LTC or FID to transport them there. The "No questions asked" would not apply as the dealer needs to log the gun into the bound book. Sorry to be a spoil sport. Jack.

The Details

Saturday June 12 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon

Reservoir Church parking lot

170 Rindge Ave.

$200 gift card for Assault Weapon

$100 gift card for Revolver, Handgun, Semi-Automatic, Shotgun, Rifle

$50 gift card for BB gun, Pellet gun, AirSoft Gun, Ammunition

$5 Toscaninis's ice cream card for toy gun

Bring firearms unloaded, with safety engaged, in bag, box or case.

All guns will be destroyed by the State Police.

No questions asked. No identification necessary.
SCENE: Reservoir Church Parking Lot, 0900

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.
Lowrider screeches around the corner. Young Vato jumps out, holding a still-smoking Hi-Point.
Vato: "Hey. I'd like to turn in this gun. Hunnert dollars, right?"
Do-gooder: "Uh....Did you just..."
Vato: "Hey, homes! No questions asked, right?"
Do-gooder: "Uh...I guess so."
Vato: "Gimme my hunnert, then."
Do-gooder, still dazed, hands over the $100.

Lowrider tears off.

END SCENE

You are an absolute fvcking moron if you cannot see what the left/gov.org is doing. You should be banned from every gun board on the internet.

Lighten up Francis, you're wound a little tight there buddy. Here's a glass of water, try not to drown in it.

I, personally, would never give them anything. If I had some semi-junk guns with no paperwork trail that needed repair, I would put the effort into restoring them to firing condition and hiding them away, with ammo, for when/if the SHTF. Jack.
What about a J? Any exemption for a J? :D

Last edited:
A private citizen who is not an ffl would not be prohibited..

And as I said before, you couldn't do a legal transfer without the seller having an LTC which is unlikely in this scenario. And some rando coming up to them offering money for a gun they were turning in is definitely going to make them nervous. They certainly aren't going to follow you to the Assault-Weapons-R-Us store in The Galleria to do an FFL transfer lol

Back
Top Bottom