• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old .22 pistol "given" to me

so here's the story, I'm looking for some help / advice from anybody who can...

my father recently met a new girlfriend and is going to be moving with her to California.

I haven't had time to get to know her well but apparently the story is that she was previously married, many many years back and her husband passed away, also many decades ago. He was an avid sportsman/competitive shooter she's....from Wellesly....nuff said haha (no offense to anyone from there)

so she apparently forgot he had this pistol and recently came across it.

here's some pics, its actually kinda interesting, i was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it...

gyjamuva.jpg

9a4epu7y.jpg

egabuqad.jpg

Cheek out the price on these 2 boxes of .22LR HAHA seems like such a fantasy now

uquzaget.jpg

qu9aqyga.jpg

anything that anybody can tell me would be much appreciated, anything about the pistol itself, and of course anything about how to go about taking possession of it legally....I of course have an LTC-A

thanks guys!

Colt Woodsman Match Target. Very nice .22 pistol.

Assuming both she and you are MA residents and she does not have an LTC, here's what you need to do to transfer it to you legall. Meet up with her to take possession of the pistol and drive over to a local FFL. Have the FFL transfer the pistol to you, and you're done! Different FFLs will charge different amounts for this service, call ahead to ask what they charge.

Assuming both she and you are MA residents and she does not have an LTC, here's what you need to do to transfer it to you legall. Meet up with her to take possession of the pistol and drive over to a local FFL. Have the FFL transfer the pistol to you, and you're done! Different FFLs will charge different amounts for this service, call ahead to ask what they charge.
very cool, thanks for the info...is there any way to do this through E-FA10 system?

Only works if both parties are licensed and have not exceeded their 4 transfers per year.

Topps hasn't been around for a while, very cool.
ahhh i see, makes sense now...thank you i had a feeling that was the way it worked...

i know, i remember my dad telling me about going to Topps....I was buying allot of my ammo at Walmart, and he was telling me about back in the day when many places carried ammo..

i can't even imagine a 50 round box of .22LR being $.74

ahhh i see, makes sense now...thank you i had a feeling that was the way it worked...

i know, i remember my dad telling me about going to Topps....I was buying allot of my ammo at Walmart, and he was telling me about back in the day when many places carried ammo..

i can't even imagine a 50 round box of .22LR being $.74
Obviously prices are even more inflated due to recent events, but it's not like you were buying a $0.74 box of ammo with today's income.

Nice gift!

Yeah easiest way to do it is bring her to your local FFL and have him "take" it from her and transfer it to you. Assuming she has no LTC of course.

anybody have any idea what something like this could be worth?

i.know it's appraisals are not something we really do here on NES, but I'm just curious because i don't really know much about the value

If you have a C&R license, you can "register" the gun via the EFA10 system without listing the seller. As far as value, check gunbroker and you will get a good idea.

Only works if both parties are licensed and have not exceeded their 4 transfers per year.

Topps hasn't been around for a while, very cool.

Nice gift!

Yeah easiest way to do it is bring her to your local FFL and have him "take" it from her and transfer it to you. Assuming she has no LTC of course.

Do the dealers have any issue transferring 'off list' items between private parties? They are taking the gun into their inventory so I wasn't clear if they were encumbered by the mythical non-existent lists issued by the AG/EOPS.

Remember that if she doesn't have a LTC, you have to take the pistol to the FFL.
And you both have to be there for the transfer.

I don't care much for .22 girly stuff, but the scope is a Bausch&Lomb, that used to be top of the line German glass, on par with Zeiss. Very, very nice.

I'll give you $100 and a stripper clip of Lake City 5.56.
I can beat that! [smile]

anybody have any idea what something like this could be worth?
All depends on condition and, to a lesser degree, date of manufacture. I've seen them go for as little as $500... and the sky is the limit for like new condition with box and papers. Saw someone recently asking $6K for LNIB. Doesn't mean he will get it but that gives you an idea of the asking price range. Usually, a nice used one will go for something approaching or just over $1K.

Nice gift!

If you can find an FFL willing to handle the transfer...

• If the surviving spouse/Executor/Executrix turns ANY handguns over to a MA FFL, MGLs apply (if not on EOPS List AND not AG-compliant, they can NOT be resold to anyone in MA unless proof of “in-state” status on/before 10/21/98 can be provided).

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/5804-MA-Gun-Laws-(Fed-amp-MA)-and-Inheritance

Guess I'm older than dirt, but I remember buying 50 rd. boxes of 22 shorts at the so. end hardware for 15 cents and walking to the tucker st. dump to shoot rats with my pre-war Mossburg single shot.
I was 12 or 13 and would walk the mile to the dump with the rifle over my shoulder and never raise an eyebrow..... If some 12 or 13 year old should try it today he'd be joined by 30 or 40 SWAT team people and their armoured cars.

Some times I'm glad to be in my eighties[grin]

Arnaki

Guess I'm older than dirt, but I remember buying 50 rd. boxes of 22 shorts at the so. end hardware for 15 cents and walking to the tucker st. dump to shoot rats with my pre-war Mossburg single shot.
I was 12 or 13 and would walk the mile to the dump with the rifle over my shoulder and never raise an eyebrow..... If some 12 or 13 year old should try it today he'd be joined by 30 or 40 SWAT team people and their armoured cars.

Arnaki
haha love it! my friends and i use to walk around with very real looking pellet guns to the woods and nobody ever gave a crap! nowadays, we'd have our teeth kicked in by combat boots...unbelievable

so I'm a bit worried about whether or not i can actually transfer this pistol to me legally...from what I've read anyway...unless someone in the Worcester area knows of a place that is willing to help out...

otherwise I'm not sure what my options are

Arnaki

Yep, by the time I reached that age, the prices had soared to $.29-$.35 a box! [sad]

Girly? Really? Please inform the group how good you are in NRA Gallery Match? Of course a recent score sheet from a match will only add bonus points.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom