• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OL article on deer hunting

Total pet peeve of mine how hunting has become such about the almighty dollar, the best land, and the biggest trophy over the years. Sorry for the rant......

I also find it odd, that the media in print and on TV, state game managers, and equipment companies who whored out their goods to the hunting superstars for free on their fake TV shows, pretty much caused this problem of guys hogging land up for big bucks. Yet they are now complaining that hunting is becoming (is) a rich mans sport, with a bunch of game hogs and landowners that would never allow access unless you pay them a fee. They were part and parcel in creating this mess...and now are wondering why the Hipster generation would rather just play on their Iphone, rather than pay exorbitant fees, or spend gobs of time, money and gas trying to find a place to hunt that's not an overcrowded shit show.

Also complicit in this are the fxcking states who cashed in on this stupidity by raising out of state pricing on tags to retardo level. Like a lot of the states in the midwest and west who went from somewhat reasonable tags for an NR tag to 500 plus for one buck tag. Suck it....Im not paying 500 plus to hunt your stupid deer before I even walk out the door you fricking retards. Nor are the broke kids that are coming up into the sport either going to visit your state either. They are going to use the 500 bucks at the grocery store.

Honestly, I don't see an end to this unless those hero midwest farmers with the 25 buck mounts on their barn wall decide that they have become man enough to let others hunt their property without charge. Considering that a lot of them are propped up with our tax money in the Big Corn Ethanol scam, they could give us a break. Also, landowners that don't hunt, really need to stop shopping their farms out for the maximum lease price. When the biggest talk in the local diner is how much you can fleece the out of staters to hunt your property. Well, I think we are at rich mans sport. Mid western and Western states need cut the crap with the license fees and stop bending out of state hunters over.....unless they don't want us there. I get that....but don't charge us thru the ass and then bitch about us not going, and bitch about young kids being totally economically roadblocked out of sport.

What is a little fresh air is that that there are a lot of public land hunting shows on you tube....regular guys shooting regular deer on state land for free and being totally happy about it. There are hunting camps that are about fun, and some generous guys that share and barter as well for good opportunities as well....I think that will be the future of for the young people. There will always be deer for people who can put in the hard work and time to find them, but as the generations get older and are used to easier lives and instant gratification......hunting as we know it will go away.

Back
Top Bottom