• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Okay. So 14" mossberg non-nfa

Ch140 s120:
“Sawed-off shotgun”, any weapon made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification or otherwise, if such weapon as modified has one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length or as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

Not NFA, but MA law restricts you to 18" barrel.

Honestly it's a good question, if it comes from the factory that way then it's not "modified" to have the short barrel--which is what they are getting at in the MGLs.

But the point is that it's not a "shotgun" so wouldn't the requirements for barrel length not matter. Although what would it even be registered as?

- - - Updated - - -

What if it had a rifled barrel?

It is over 26"so it cant be a pistol .... smoth bore so it cant be a rifle.... never had a stock so it is not a shot gun.... not a AOW or a SBS So what are they calling it??

If I recall correctly semi 1919 beltfeds got around the barrel lenth issue because they never where intened to have a but stock, I just forget what they referrd to them as

I messed up I thought the ones in the video where different I realized it after watching .

Just get a trust .

Good luck getting a shotgun AOW or SBS in MA. (particularly as a non 07) You have fun with that. It seems to change every 10 minutes whether or not NFA branch will allow it or not. Someone that has tried to do a transfer recently would have more information, but I wouldn't do it blindly, because it could be a huge waste of time.

-Mike

Good luck getting a shotgun AOW or SBS in MA. (particularly as a non 07) You have fun with that. It seems to change every 10 minutes whether or not NFA branch will allow it or not. Someone that has tried to do a transfer recently would have more information, but I wouldn't do it blindly, because it could be a huge waste of time.

-Mike

Yeah I remember some people basically saying the ATF branch told them there shit out of luck cause they don't understand the mass laws. ...

The way the mass law reads is a mess.

The law in Mass says it has to be Made as a SBS, It must have never been a shotgun with a 18 in barrel or longer and then converted. The AG office sent notification to the ATF stating the law and that because they could not determine that a given shotgun was always a SBS and not converted that the the AG requested that the ATF not process and transfers of any SBS in the state of MA. The ATF agreed and rejects all application in MA.

The law in Mass says it has to be Made as a SBS, It must have never been a shotgun with a 18 in barrel or longer and then converted. The AG office sent notification to the ATF stating the law and that because they could not determine that a given shotgun was always a SBS and not converted that the the AG requested that the ATF not process and transfers of any SBS in the state of MA. The ATF agreed and rejects all application in MA.

seriously? wow that's ghey.

I was planning on getting an SBS 870...

That's the point. It was never an 18" "shotgun". and it's definitely not a pistol. It's really nothing

The ATF has the original form of registration and it tells who and when it was filed. They know which guns are from the original mfg. The AGs argument is full of Sh£t if true.

My limited knowledge is that 07 can transfer it to a person because it is a new gun, but like others have said its a nfa firearm and you need cleo approval.

Back
Top Bottom