Ok you happily married men.You asked for it you got it…The HMMGTOW Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go gents! The Happily Married Men Going Thier Own Way thread. Have fun, post your honey to do lists here…post who has the most jelly beans in the jar cause they got some marital missionary and good luck!😂

And remember it doesn’t hurt to have an exit strategy no matter how happy you are! 😂

My wife is a royal pain in the ass. LOL It took me 25 years to realize I wasn't the problem. (Which is my problem - I look inside to fix whatever needs fixing before I bother to look outside myself. Basically, I'm a dream husband. I earn good $, I deny her nothing, I cook like a 4* chef. No, Im not available!)

But honestly, I love the hell out of her and she's spent the last 5 years - mostly the last 2 or so - really working on "her" stuff and realizing that how she communicates and acts is NOT how she thinks it is coming across. Worlds different.

She grew up in a very selfish house. And she never saw that. Selfish people never do. The selfish don't believe they are selfish - or they'd change. They believe they are justified in any behavior and often believe they think of others far more than themselves.

I'm about a bit over a decade away from retirement. And I know that if we don't work this minor stuff out first, it's gonna be ugly. We need to be on teh same page and know what we are going to do - both together and separate - in retirement.

I could have easily not worked at that retail store and met her.
I could have been a little bitch and left her to simp for an ex instead of maturing and realizing she was the better option by a long shot.
She could have become a massive c*** and not been as good to me as she has consistently over the years.

So yeah, luck. Some was involved. I know my experiences are an exception to the norm.
But I’d also think that a lot of men settle for wrong reasons and do stupid shit to win women over. Thankfully I’m past that part of my life.

I thought that after the first year, all married men become instant members of Club Miserable or Al Bundy's shoe store club!

I once heard a conversation at physical therapy many years ago from a male patient who got married about six months earlier that went like this:
Elderly female patient: Oh congratulations on getting married. Marriage is such a wonderful institution!
Male patient: I agree, every man should be placed in a wonderful institution for deciding to get married!
The owner of the PT office nearly pissed his pants while trying to say, "Less than six months and he already knows!"

I could have easily not worked at that retail store and met her.
I could have been a little bitch and left her to simp for an ex instead of maturing and realizing she was the better option by a long shot.
She could have become a massive c*** and not been as good to me as she has consistently over the years.

So yeah, luck. Some was involved. I know my experiences are an exception to the norm.
But I’d also think that a lot of men settle for wrong reasons and do stupid shit to win women over. Thankfully I’m past that part of my life.

My point was just that it's not 100% luck that makes these things work, it's also judgment and general reasonableness, on both sides.

I have no idea how many jelly beans should be in there.

I've caught my kids taking jelly beans out (to eat) and the Mrs adding unearned jelly beans to the barrel (to mess with me, I think)

jellybeans-a948a1a2f7b8ac7e.jpg

Honest communication is the key, no matter how crazy it sounds.
If I wanted to hang from a tree and have a monkey lick my balls my wife would make that happen!
That's true love, 😆

I think Ive seen that movie. Young adoptte sxes up older man who convusevly drops dead of a coronary and young girl and pool boy live happily ever after on the old duffers estate.
j-howard-marshall-anna-nicole-smith.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom