• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK - Woman Shoots 2 Intruders In Head, Killing 1

One man is dead and another in critical condition after they allegedly committed a home invasion.

It happened around 4 o'clock Thursday morning at the Brighton Park apartments near 51st and Yale. The would be victims took matters into their own hands.

The woman was headed home, when two men approached her, forced her inside her apartment. Once inside she did what she had to for the sake of survival.

Officers who were on the scene said the men had screwdrivers, wanted money and wanted the woman to take off her clothes. That's when the woman said no, with force.

"During the argument the victim's boyfriend woke up and heard what was going on," says Tulsa police spokesperson Jason Willingham. "He came out and a struggle ensued."

The fight was on and the woman went and got a gun.

"You have to give accolades because it did take some bravery," Willingham said. "She could have just as easily ran and hid in a closet but she decided to take matters into her own hands."

Twenty-three-year old Daniel Holman was shot in the head and the stomach and remains in critical condition inside a Tulsa hospital.

The other suspect, 18-year-old Darreon Carter, died from his injuries.

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=12812827.

I've stopped asking questions like that. Its the media. They do whatever the hell they want like the politicians.

The fact that she "decided to take matters into her own hands" is a damn good thing in this case. Its the way the media words it that gives it a bad connotation.

Anyhow, good for her. I wonder why the boyfriend didn't immediately go for the gun in their home when he woke up to strange voices? Maybe only the woman had the key to the safe or trigger lock? :/

"She could have just as easily ran and hid in a closet but she decided to take matters into her own hands."

Yeah, that's one hell of an idea! Go and hide in a closet while your boyfriend gets stabbed to death with screwdrivers. Wouldn't want to hurt those poor young lads, now would we?

Granted, I understand the officer was trying to convey that he was impressed that the woman was tough enough to help keep her boyfriend alive instead of hiding like a coward, but his poor choice of words makes this sound more like vigilantism. And these days, you don't feed the press any more than you have to, lest they run with it...

It happened around 4 o'clock Thursday morning at the Brighton Park apartments near 51st and Yale. The would be victims took matters into their own hands.

See?

speaking of screwdrivers, i wonder how the boyfriend fared. two guys with screwdrivers could do some damage pretty quickly.

"decided to take matters into her own hands" in media speak mean taking responsibility for her own safety and that of her BF. I wish we didn't have to sift through the media-speak to get to the heart of the matter. She was attacked in her own home and did what she had to do. Kudos to her. Too bad for them. World is less two low life types if the second succumbs to his wounds. No tears shed here.

A Local Article...

Two men broke into a Tulsa apartment Thursday morning. Both of them were shot by a resident, one was killed.

Police say the woman who shot these men was well within her rights, but they have a warning for homeowners. If you face a similar situation, be absolutely certain before you pull the trigger.

>snip<

"Stranger is in your house that kicked your door down and beat you up, and going to rape you, absolutely. Take whatever actions you need to keep safe," said Sergeant Dave Walker of the Tulsa Police Department.

Tulsa police are dealing with a recent string of violent home invasions. On July 5, 19-year-old Melvin Dan was shot but survived, after police say he broke into an apartment on Riverside.

Home invasions force homeowners to make split-second decisions, and the right response in these situations is never an easy call.

"It's like any other fight you're going to take on one of these deals. If you're going to get [it] on, you better be in it to win it," Walker said.

At the Tulsa Shooting Academy, experts stress that shooting an intruder is a last resort, but it's one people need to prepare for.

"Just having a firearm in the house and thinking you are safe, that's not true. It's a sense of false security," said Brian Hill of the U.S. Shooting Academy.

The academy stresses training and caution, but Hill points out that if someone enters your home, you are on your own.

"At the time that it matters, the phone cannot help, the police cannot help," Hill said. "Only you can help yourself."

If you're not in a position to fight back, police say you should pay close attention to the intruders so you can relay as many details as possible to investigators.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12816050.

BTW, Oklahoma has always been a hotbed of bad ass gunfighters.

You did NOT want to square off against this guy from OKC:

bryce.jpg

51AG48DRAHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Jelly Bryce, the likes of which the world has never before seen, nor will see again.
Yep, Jelly's a true bad ass. No fear.

I would have loved to sit down at the bar and buy him enough beers to get him to talk.

Go to warriortalk.com and look up posts by "Dave James". He's talked to The Man.

THE BRYCE-EFFECT

In fact, some old lawmen came to irrationally believe in what they called the "Bryce-effect". It was relegated to the same class of phenomenon as rats leaving a ship before the ice berg is struck. It was based on the observation that in stand-off situations the mere arrival of Bryce on the scene would often suddenly and inexplicably precipitate the surrender of hardened criminals that no one thought would give up. The criminal would have no way of knowing who Bryce was or that he had even arrived. Yet, it was as if Bryce carried death in his aura, radiated such profound danger, that at some level of mind the criminal knew that death had arrived.

That's hardcore

Thats "OK" by me.

As far as Mr. Bryce is concerned, glad he use his skills in the manner he did.

I think he could have made much more money on the other side. But I bet that didn't cross his mind.

Back
Top Bottom