• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, who wants a Pedometer for their gun?????

Looks cool. I noticed that it shows 0 rounds while there is still one in the chamber, so I can only imagine the lawsuits that will spring up from this. “My smart slide said the gun was empty and I shot myself cleaning it!” Plus, you can‘t play Dirty Harry at the range, “Did I fire 17 shots or 16? Do you feel lucky paper target punk?”

Very fitting that they used a glock for this. Cuz the glock fan Boyz will be the majority of the ones that think this is cool. 😂

Very fitting that they used a glock for this. Cuz the glock fan Boyz will be the majority of the ones that think this is cool. 😂

I'd like one for my glocks. It's bad enough to have to spend hundreds of dollars for a standard capacity magazine, but having to take my shoes off to count the number of rounds fired is a pain in the ass and a bad idea, tactically speaking.

Video is from April, they’ve already sold out but you can put your name on a list to be notified when they are available again. If they’er smart the next gen will come cut for a red dot.

A grand? Reminds me of the $20,000 flat-screen TVs when they first came out. Call me when the price gets down to about $200.

What does it say when your in a fire fight,and you just ran out of ammo? Your f^*ked.

First off they should be slapped for disgracing a Glock like that

Is it for the mathematically challenged?
[popcorn]
just count the the casings at your feet

This device looks similar to the prototype from that Boston area inventor that was attempting to develop a 'smart' gun with biometric sensing.

Integrate a shot timer into it and then you have a good training tool. Looks distracting though. Hard enough to shoot well, don't need an LCD to take up brain space

In my mind, this technology has to count both rounds in a mag AND chamber, and then cross reference that with a barrel sensor that counts bullets leaving the muzzle. Until that's the standard, I won't trust this type of thing to be accurate. I also am not looking forward to a third battery on my handgun. Would actually be pretty cool if they could figure out a way to capture spent kinetic energy to charge this thing, as I'm sure it doesn't use a lot of energy.

To each their own
Completely agreed. That's the point.

Somebody wants to deck out their new, perfect-for-them AR build in Mako/FAB? I would only as a joke, but good for them. Somebody wants a toy Glock with a round counter? More power to them, I'll spend the money on ammo.

Maybe something cool will come to the market in the future because of this. Maybe it's a dead end. What's it matter to us, unless and until we're forced to put it on our gear?

View: https://youtu.be/ta41xU-tkFA

Completely agreed. That's the point.

Somebody wants to deck out their new, perfect-for-them AR build in Mako/FAB? I would only as a joke, but good for them. Somebody wants a toy Glock with a round counter? More power to them, I'll spend the money on ammo.

Maybe something cool will come to the market in the future because of this. Maybe it's a dead end. What's it matter to us, unless and until we're forced to put it on our gear?

View: https://youtu.be/ta41xU-tkFA

The amount of grumpiness about the idea is typical of NES.
I think it’s cool someone’s trying to bring the idea to life.

Back
Top Bottom