• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ok, who scooped up all the Federal .40 at Wally-World?

Federal FMJ 100 packs were priced at $27 bucks a box. I only bought 400 rounds Friday because I had to be frugal with my check this week. They still had another 400 rounds when I bought mine, and I'm betting all the other Wally-Worlds had their share.

Then a surprise check arrived in my mailbox yesterday (which I didn't check until tonight), and I call around tonight to check their stock and the cupboards are bare at the local stores.

So who got it all?

Seriously, though, if .40 was always the price of 9 would we even be discussing what we'd all be using?

There is a big rumor going around now that the gov is buying up all the ammo.

Because we all know they will actually send people out to local stores to buy up inventory.

Seriously, people are always complaining about ammo at Walmart, Dicks, etc. Why not support a local gun store?

I am fine with supporting a local gun store, but why would I buy a 100 round bulk pack of 45AUTO at a gun store for $40, when you can buy it at Walmart for $29?

Or the 9mm bulk packs. Walmart has the best price on ammo, period. Even compared to some of the online retailers, Walmart beats them too.

I am fine with supporting a local gun store, but why would I buy a 100 round bulk pack of 45AUTO at a gun store for $40, when you can buy it at Walmart for $29?

Or the 9mm bulk packs. Walmart has the best price on ammo, period. Even compared to some of the online retailers, Walmart beats them too.

Agree!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so while everyone was chatting it up on the interwebz, I went to the Bellingham Wal-Mart and bought two more boxes of 100. They had one more left.

I guess this may be the regular price for them, which is nice because it's pretty much how much 9mm costs most places.

For the 9mm people, they do carry the Federal 100 pack deal and it's really a great deal, too: $20 for a box of 100 rounds.

left two boxes for you in Leominster today.

Yeah, if it costs too much in gas it defeats the purpose.

I'm just pleased as I'm new to shooting and had yet to see .40 by the 100 pack for less than $35 bucks anywhere.

Not a huge fan of Wally World, but I need to run a ton of ammo through this new gun I bought so I can learn it intimately so I handle it with automaticity as it's a personal defense weapon.

**** Walmart. But I like some of their prices. Danvers had a ton of 40. I dont shoot it so I don't know what brands to look for. They had Federal value packs , WWB , Remington , Tula.

I support local Gun shops too but for $12 cheaper on some ammo, the choice is clear.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

**** Walmart. But I like some of their prices. Danvers had a ton of 40. I dont shoot it so I don't know what brands to look for. They had Federal value packs , WWB , Remington , Tula.

I support local Gun shops too but for $12 cheaper on some ammo, the choice is clear.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

Let's face it, the gun shops mark it up at a premium because they know when people buy a new gun they're likely not to care if they spend extra to get the ammo during the purchase. One stop shopping means you pay through the nose.

It's a business thing, so we shouldn't be offended. By the same token, it's a business thing when I go to Wally-World instead to get some cheap target stuff to hammer a bunch of rounds through my pistol.

One advantage the shop has is the selection of personal defense ammo. I'll go there for Speer Gold Dot and pay top dollar for it because I'm in Commichusetts and I can't order it over the interwebz. [sad2] <---- This dude is red because he's got the Commichusett blues... or reds... whatever. [angry]

Yeah Wally world only had Winchester PDX tonight. I have bought most of my SD ammunition through Collector's and have gotten great deals from them. I don't own a .45 but $30/100 at Wally World is a great buy for plinking.

i bought it all to dispose of it in a fire.

I suppose just about every hobbie has it's corksniffers. [wink]

Maybe because this PPS was giving me light strikes the first day I shot it, but now it's running fine, I want to just put a bunch of rounds through it so I can feel I can trust it's ability to function when I really need it?

Really, though, how bad could it be?

I suppose just about every hobbie has it's corksniffers. [wink]

Maybe because this PPS was giving me light strikes the first day I shot it, but now it's running fine, I want to just put a bunch of rounds through it so I can feel I can trust it's ability to function when I really need it?

i'm more of a pillow-biter.

how many rounds through the gun? guns shouldn't really need it, but lots of manufacturers cite a break in period where their guns will suck and then stop sucking as much after you fire X rounds.

Federal FMJ 100 packs were priced at $27 bucks a box. I only bought 400 rounds Friday because I had to be frugal with my check this week. They still had another 400 rounds when I bought mine, and I'm betting all the other Wally-Worlds had their share.

Then a surprise check arrived in my mailbox yesterday (which I didn't check until tonight), and I call around tonight to check their stock and the cupboards are bare at the local stores.

So who got it all?

I'm not sure where you're located but, at the Danvers Walmart they have PLENTY of Federal .40 packs for just over $12. Granted they're 50 round packs and not 100 round packs but, they have PLENTY.

Was at Walpole Wal-Mart @ 5PM tonight. They had a couple 250 bulk packs in .40, but no 9MM. Clerk indicated that when 9MM is restocked it is gone same day. The .40 was put out yesterday, and usually last 1 to 2 days.

Was at Walpole Wal-Mart @ 5PM tonight. They had a couple 250 bulk packs in .40, but no 9MM. Clerk indicated that when 9MM is restocked it is gone same day. The .40 was put out yesterday, and usually last 1 to 2 days.

They had a lot of 9mm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday when I bought it there... ;-)

So who got it all?

I just picked up a 1000 rounds at a small savings. so it wasn't me!!

Back
Top Bottom