• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ok, what is it! Old rifle.

chopper_man

Army Veteran
NES Member
Hey all,

Had to help a friend clear out his dads place. Took in quite a few C&R's to my book, nothing spectacular, cool Lee-Enfield being the most exciting. BUT....this one's got me a bit stumped and I sure cannot find a lot of information out there on it, few old forum posts from someone that doesn't have the pictures left. Need to figure out a value on it too if anyone knows. It's part of their inheritance so need to disperse fund thru the family.

Age?
Caliber?
Possible Value?

Barrel stamp 1906 BRASCIA F396, couple Cartouche's on the barrel, and on the bolt, hard for me to make out. Stock was chopped at some point in it's life.

Thanks all!
-Brian

IMG_2311.JPG IMG_2312.JPG IMG_2313.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2315.JPG IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2317.JPG

Brasilia Arsenal ....carcano
Model 91? 6.5mm

Try to get the photo a bit clearer with the markings.
Not worth much in its current state.
I think I have 5 rounds of 6.5 sitting around. Your welcome to them if down Hanover Ma area.
If interested let me know I will see if they are still in the ammo draw.

Last edited:
Nice find...Though of course even a novice browser of this forum knows this would not be a proper, thorough, and all inclusive NES'er thread without some off the cuff comment about the other item(s) in the picture...

Dude...The Toes....

Capture.JPG

It's a hacksmithified Carcano. Carcanos are not really as bad as people make them out to be, but they're not the best design in the world. A lot of weird, quirky shit can go wrong with them that just doesn't happen on other bolt guns.

Yup, yup BIG ole belly and ugly ass toes! You guys kill me, LOL!! Great morning laugh!

Thanks for the info so far. Will try and get some better pics of the Cartouche's.

Definitely a carcano as has been stated, but need a better pic of the markings and the rear sight. the rear sight in that picture makes it look like someone did some "work" on it.

Back
Top Bottom