Ok! We saw your snubbies, let's see your mid length revolvers now.

Atta boy. That's some serious handgun right there.
Maybe it's the 6-1/2" barrel and long sight radius, but it is the most accurate hand gun I own. And who doesn't love 44 magnum?
It's so big and heavy that shooting 44 special through is feels like you are shooting a 22.
This was at 50', indoors, off hand. At first I thought I had a flyer and missed one completely, but then when I brought the target back, I realized that two rounds had basically gone through one hole. It also forces you to not flinch. You know the bullet will go where you want it, if you are not a pussy and do your part.
This is why I chuckle when people whine about 40 being "snappy". LOL

44 MAG.jpg

Damn, I can't decide whether to "love" you guys more for the great revolvers, or, "hate" you all more out of sheer jealousy. 🤯😈 Lol. Paul
How about don’t love or hate “us” but share in the love most of us have in a well crafted wheelgun? It’s OK to have a crush on something that’s as time honored as a six shooter.

Maybe it's the 6-1/2" barrel and long sight radius, but it is the most accurate hand gun I own. And who doesn't love 44 magnum?
It's so big and heavy that shooting 44 special through is feels like you are shooting a 22.
This was at 50', indoors, off hand. At first I thought I had a flyer and missed one completely, but then when I brought the target back, I realized that two rounds had basically gone through one hole. It also forces you to not flinch. You know the bullet will go where you want it, if you are not a pussy and do your part.
This is why I chuckle when people whine about 40 being "snappy". LOL

View attachment 475396
Well, I guess you won't be selling that 29 soon!

Since @fencer showed us his Model 29 with the pretty wood grips, I decided to leave my “shooting grips” on mine. My “girly-boy” hands are just too soft to take shooting full-house .44 magnum loads with the wood grips.
View attachment 475639
That's a nice collection of wheel guns you got there! For the record, my 4" 686 has the ribber grips. I just couldn't bring myself to put them on the 29. I don't find the 29 that bad to shoot 44 magnum. Same with a 629. But put a couple boxes through a Ruger... even with my big mitts, no thanks.
Way worse than a S&W 500 with normal factory ammo.

That's a nice collection of wheel guns you got there! For the record, my 4" 686 has the ribber grips. I just couldn't bring myself to put them on the 29. I don't find the 29 that bad to shoot 44 magnum. Same with a 629. But put a couple boxes through a Ruger... even with my big mitts, no thanks.
Way worse than a S&W 500 with normal factory ammo.
Thanks, it took me two years to bring myself to put the Hogues on the 29. It wasn’t until I got the 460V and realized that I preferred shooting it to the .44 mag because the grips were just that much more comfortable to me. I decided that if I was going to shoot anything other than .44 special in the 29 I needed “better” grips. I generally only shoot .38 special through the GP100 with its wood grips. I wouldn’t say I’m terrible recoil shy, but I don’t particularly enjoy it and avoid it if I can. It’s what happens when you get old and arthritic.

I’ll play along

610 for .40 and .40 Magnum (10mm for you metric types). On the gut and polish list.
617 for a trainer and indoor rimfire plates.
625 for bowling pins. 255’s clear a table nicely.
686 for a trainer.
627- at a friends. Teaching his son to speed draw.Great Steel Challenge/ outlaw plate gun.

929’s on the bucket list.

1B6D892C-E129-4F62-81F3-86E0631E7913.jpeg

View attachment 475834
Dan Wesson 15-2 w/ EWK Stupid Heavy shroud
Dan Wesson 715
Colt 1860 Army 2nd Gen.
Remington Army 1858 (original matching)
Dan Wesson 744
(assorted DW barrels in the pile as well)

Oh nice, I have one of those Remington 1858's handed down from grandparent & never knew what it was. Although mine is in very rough non working condition.

Back
Top Bottom