OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

Another change I am not a fan of is it doesn't show the total number of posts and date the poster became a member. Can't spot the trolls......other know if a poster is a long time member that contributes alot of content or not.
And your rearcoil avatar is no longer animated, for me.

Who want's to start the new dating website?
I wonder what we should call it?

Gunmolls.com ?
serveimage

Is there a way to switch back to the old colors? I also hate seeing the username above the post instead of to the left of the post!

Gunmolls.com ?

The owner of gunmolls.com is offering it for sale for an asking price of 649 USD!

Just logged in on a PC. Holy hell is it bright! Too bright. After this post I'm out, because it's blinding me.

My laptop dims the screen when I unplug the power, which makes the site almost bearable. I have great confidence that our faithful leaders will give us some darker themes in time. Until then, I'll manage**

** This does not apply to the mobile site. I'm boycotting that.

I definitely understand from a tech perspective that the forum needed an overhaul. It was a long time comin’. I agree with people saying the color scheme is too bright. It looks like there’s been some improvements to color already though. The Admins have already heard our whining and said somewhere that they’re working on making it less bright and possibly giving users the options to pick their own color schemes. That would be great! I love a dark colored scheme for reading lots of text.

The mobile version of the site now is actually usable! It’s awesome compared to before where responsive design was non-existent. I guess I don’t understand why people hate the mobile site so much?

Losing Tapatalk sucks but I have confidence that whatever the Admins end up using will be just as nice or better.

The smileys blow compared to the old ones though :confused:

+1 on the color blind. I'm wicked color blind. The light blue on a grey background is almost invisible to me.

Another +1 for the color viewing challenged.

Also, tried mousing over threat titles (under the 'New Posts' screen) and there's no "preview" of what the OP is. That was VERY useful in the previous software version. Means you didn't HAVE to get into the thread to see IF it's something you want to read/look at. I hope there's a way to bring that back...

to darken the brightness, press & hold the function(Fn) key on the left side bottom row. then use the down key in the 4 arrow array to lower the backlight

Unsure what you guys are complaining about on the brightness?? I'm seeing black type, red sig lines, and a light blueish purple background. <shrug>

Anyways found some happiness again: I thought for new posts all I could see is the box on the right, but if I click the actual thing where it says "New posts" it brings me to a whole page.
New posts is the only way I peruse the forum, it's there, so, count ONE happy member Derek. :)

Also, tried mousing over threat titles (under the 'New Posts' screen) and there's no "preview" of what the OP is. That was VERY useful in the previous software version. Means you didn't HAVE to get into the thread to see IF it's something you want to read/look at. I hope there's a way to bring that back...

It works for me and has from the time the forum came back online.

I've seen comments about there being a mobile version, I get the same vesion mobile or desktop. Is there a mobile version? This has been my number one complaint, that it's near impossible to hit the tiny links on a mobile device. How do I get to this mobile version?

to darken the brightness, press & hold the function(Fn) key on the left side bottom row. then use the down key in the 4 arrow array to lower the backlight

On mine, that doesn't work. But I can use the "display" control panel to do the same. It's just easier to pull out the little cord sticking in the side of the laptop.

Someone mentioned The High Road went to xenforo and it does appear so. Their site "responds" down to a mobile a little better (to my eye). Although their UI is either missing some features like "goto first unread" or I missed seeing it in a very quick look.

OTOH, I do NOT want "just another gun forum" look for NES. However this place came to be, it really IS the best gun community forum out there, in my view.

I've seen comments about there being a mobile version, I get the same vesion mobile or desktop. Is there a mobile version? This has been my number one complaint, that it's near impossible to hit the tiny links on a mobile device. How do I get to this mobile version?

They are the same web site version. Set your phone browser to the URL and it is the same site resized to properly fit on the phone. Some web sites automatically switch to a special version of the site and the browser address bar would be m.northeastshooters.com....i don't see that happening here.

They are the same web site version. Set your phone browser to the URL and it is the same site resized to properly fit on the phone. Some web sites automatically switch to a special version of the site and the browser address bar would be m.northeastshooters.com....i don't see that happening here.

OK, so there isn't a mobile version. I just wanted to be sure given some of the comments.

OK, so there isn't a mobile version. I just wanted to be sure given some of the comments.

Not one that is HTML. Someone mentioned a Xenforo app that may run on a phone but I have no idea if that is set up to work yet.

I am finding the web site mostly usable on a phone. The page number and next buttons are too small though. And after I read through a thread, it takes too many UI gestures to get back to where I left off in the thread list.. I have to go back to the forum name and navigate back to the page of threads I was on. With Tapatalk I just had to press Back.

I see more of a border between posts now. Good. It is still a little blended together though but better than before.

This is the most I get from a mouse-over on the latest version of Firefox... Some of the threads, I get nothing when I mouse-over the title.

On the OLD forum software, it worked. Post upgrade, it's NOT worked at all...

I just tried NES on Firefox (desktop) and mouse-over shows the beginning of any OP thread for me. So to date it works with MS Edge, MS IE and Firefox. Haven't checked Brave or Chrome yet.

Back
Top Bottom