OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

While it appears to be the same theme, it is much more horrid on a PC. I find it more bearable when using on my phone... I don't have the problem of seeing where one post ends and another begins.

It's pretty bad but we do have Admin & Co. working hard to make it better. Can't say that for other forums we have all been on.

What I don't like about the new Forum is the lack of "go to last post."

I'm lazy. I don't want to manually select the last page in a thread and scroll down. The old forum had this ability.

What I don't like about the new Forum is the lack of "go to last post."

I'm lazy. I don't want to manually select the last page in a thread and scroll down. The old forum had this ability.

Click on the blue dot on the left side of a thread with a new post - it will bring you directly to the latest post.

upload_2017-11-20_19-3-29.png

Last edited:
Deja vu - I was a member of another forum that was snackbarred just like this. Not sure I have the bandwidth to relearn the new landscape.

Agree that color scheme is bad and too bright. Tried reading last night about 3am while I couldn’t sleep and felt like I needed sunglasses on while laying in bed. No I’m not that cool, I wish.

I only use my iPhone (7P), I don’t own a computer or tablet so I’m not tech savvy in the least.

The screen/posts look like a jumble of different texts and colors. Hard to determine what post belongs to who and what sig lines belong to who (siglines don’t show if I’m not logged in). Some are in boxes, some are red, just appears messy, not squared away.

Also missing a couple hundred rep points. That’s all I got for now, can only say what I’m seeing, but do appreciate the time and efforts by you guys.

Last edited:
Like most here I don't love the new format. But I figure between adapting on my part and tweaking by the Admin team I'll get by. A lot of the features people like could still be here and switched on once they find them.

It could be worse. I was a mod on a large survival forum. The site owner disappeared for about a year. He finally showed up, got in an argument with a member in public on the forum and then pulled the plug on the whole forum. That really sucked. It was a great group and a lot of fun to hang out there. The it was just gone. A few tried to re-group but it really didn't work too well.

Ok, this change is just like my wife’s new Honda Accord,exl v6

It’s got a nav screen a screen under that ,7 million buttons,touch screen , power every thing leather seat memory,

And when I have to drive it I hate it.

I have to power the seat back just to get in ,adjust the mirrors, sync my phone, can’t find any
radio stations all the controls I’m not used to etc.

After I drive it for a while it’s like
SHOOT THIS is awesome! And fast too.

Just like this new format,
Thanks Derek and shorty, nice job.

Last edited:
Ok, i was all in for the new NES but now i have a real problem. The fat kid to the left is not smoking anymore!!!! wtf! first i get a pg-13 katy perry deleted and now the fat kid is frozen...

Ok, i was all in for the new NES but now i have a real problem. The fat kid to the left is not smoking anymore!!!! wtf! first i get a pg-13 katy perry deleted and now the fat kid is frozen...

You can try and re-upload him. They're currently limited to .5MB - if he's under that, he'll be animated again.

I just had a brief look at the Xenforo web site..... Looks like it supports changing color themes. I also saw examples of reasonable separators between posts rather than this blend everything together that we have now. So I am optimistic it is possible to make this better.

You guys are doing pretty darned good, franky. It's definitely taking some getting used to. I already totally confused-up feedback/likes, but it's impressive how much managed to get converted over in some good form.

Is the sorta-still-developing ForumApps what you're looking at to replace tapatalk? I have to say the guy's business model sure is a lot less creepy - so, early edition or not, that'd be kind of cool.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should’ve specified - on the tablet.
And thanks for the hint for the things with the keyboard:)

Sorry, the smart-ass in me came out. You should be able to tap on the very top of your screen and have it scroll all the way up to the top. I know any Apple device works that way, at least... not sure on the Android side, but I'm guessing it's the same.

Thanks sHORTY !
Just learned something new about tablet as well, when before I was convinced that the tablet was freaking out or something LOL

Thanks sHORTY !
Just learned something new about tablet as well, when before I was convinced that the tablet was freaking out or something LOL

That's also a distinct possibility, but I'm glad you learned something :)

Back
Top Bottom