OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

You can use AdBlockPlus to block specific elements. I had an infraction some time back for telling off a libtard (who was, I believe, later banned). I blocked the panel that displays them so it would not offend my sensibilities.

I confirmed you can use it to hide avatars and the "Member" type badges.
View attachment 212670
Excellent detective work! Thanks.
Now, as soon as individual posts are more easily discernable, with either alternate post coloring or a line darker than pale blue, and the go-to-new-post arrow is bigger I'll be happy enough. Thanks Admin and sHORTY; in the long run this will be better I'm sure.

Not only did I work hard at being funny and helpful (sure) to become a world champion, I'm missing about 500 "likes," nee reps. Oh, the humanity.

I'm missing a crapload too! I figured it was based on the number of times you were repped, disregarding the rep-power of the "repper"...or maybe not?

I'm missing a crapload too! I figured it was based on the number of times you were repped, disregarding the rep-power of the "repper"...or maybe not?

Looks like the current "like" system disregards 'rep-power' and is based solely on likes/reps.

Go to your username at the top right-hand corner of the page > likes you received, multiply the number of likes per page
times the number of pages

Looks like the current "like" system disregards 'rep-power' and is based solely on likes/reps.

Go to your username at the top right-hand corner of the page > likes you received, multiply the number of likes per page
times the number of pages

yup...20 per full page + however many less than 20 you have on that last page

I am totally digging the new forum. Folks that keep mentioning the colors, is that om a phone or mobile device? I am almost always on my laptop and don't have any issues.
Great work guys.

I'll be honest here. I post on this site because I live alone, and it is really my only interaction with other people.

And I try hard to post good stories to get attention and rep points. Like I said before, I am a post whore. Rep points on here
were about the only compliments I get anymore. I'm old and ugly, so I sure don't get much compliments anywhere else.

And I was close to 11,000 rep points before this site changed......and now they are all gone!

No more coming home and checking my rep points......hoping my drunken post from the night before gave somebody some
laughs.......and boosting my ego.... and encouraging me write something else.

It's like everything I worked for here for the last 8 years was just thrown away, or at the least, degraded.

If I wanted "Likes"....I would join that faggoty assed Facebook!

Oh......and the Emoji's suck too!

Way too bright for me. Feels like each page is a mile long, too, like I need to shrink the zoom down to about 75% so I'm not scrolling forever.

If the color scheme could be customized it would probably be easier. But I guess I'll just adjust eventually.

if you are triggered by the new forum....i suggest you watch some Bob Ross painting with his mighty brush, and just chill out for a while in a very safe space. Then...come back

The only problem I'm having so far is on the tablet (Samsung , android ) going from page to page I'm getting an "Could not establish a secure connection " message. and it takes a couple of taps to get it to move on.

Would definitely appreciate a dark theme. There was a firefox plugin that I had used for another site before that could impose themes on just about anything. I'll have to see if I can find it again. Also this site on mobile is definitely better than vbulletin but still not great.

...No more coming home and checking my rep points......hoping my drunken post from the night before gave somebody some
laughs.......and boosting my ego.... and encouraging me write something else...

I note that where most people get a couple of likes for every 10 posts, you get more than double that. :D

I'll be honest here. I post on this site because I live alone, and it is really my only interaction with other people.

And I try hard to post good stories to get attention and rep points. Like I said before, I am a post whore. Rep points on here
were about the only compliments I get anymore. I'm old and ugly, so I sure don't get much compliments anywhere else.

And I was close to 11,000 rep points before this site changed......and now they are all gone!

No more coming home and checking my rep points......hoping my drunken post from the night before gave somebody some

It's like everything I worked for here for the last 8 years was just thrown away, or at the least, degraded.

Tell us how you really feel!

My only complaint is I miss the newest classified posts being listed on the right side...how else can I quickly find those NES deals?

I'd give you a like but I'm boycotting likes.

But I will say that Sky is one of the few here that could start their own gun forum and have an instant following.

And don't worry about the likes, you're still a legend. <Pretend there is an awesome emoji here>

You enable bluetooth?! Have you no Russians in your area?

And NFC! I'm old but embracing all the new stuff! I think I will get Snapchat next and chat with teenagers or whatever you do with it, once I figure out what it is.

I am totally digging the new forum. Folks that keep mentioning the colors, is that om a phone or mobile device? I am almost always on my laptop and don't have any issues.
Great work guys.

While it appears to be the same theme, it is much more horrid on a PC. I find it more bearable when using on my phone... I don't have the problem of seeing where one post ends and another begins.

Back
Top Bottom