OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

I didn't read this whole thread. I liked when I could turn off avatars (rearcoil avatar is nice, but not work friendly). And now rep points, which sound manly, are "likes". And my hard earned caterpillar has been reduced to just a number :(

Oh noes, the cool emoticons! How will people know when I'm trolling or sitting here watching the "Dis gon be gud" festivities without muh 'moticons?

#NotTrolling #NotWatchingTheFestivities

I couldn't find the link to do that in bulk, so I went to each thread, a PTA but now I can see the really new posts.

Still, the lack of a usable mobile version is a big deal for me.

The new software works pretty well on mobile devices. The old software was unusable, unless you actually enjoyed scrolling both horizontally and vertically to read a single post. Now you only have to scroll vertically, like you would in Tapatalk.

This free forum that someone else pays for isn't good enough. The government should appoint a special counsel to investigate possible Russian collusion.

I want to reiterate that so far I hate it, but I will get used to it.

I want to thank the moderators for all the effort to re-host and keep it alive!!!!!

With the Ads and logo they eat 2/3 of the screen on my phone - Not the end of the world but a bit annoying. Thanks for working on the color scheme. It's amazing to me that any developer, anywhere on the planet thought this was a solid default color scheme :)

I didn't read this whole thread. I liked when I could turn off avatars (rearcoil avatar is nice, but not work friendly). And now rep points, which sound manly, are "likes". And my hard earned caterpillar has been reduced to just a number :(

Oh noes, the cool emoticons! How will people know when I'm trolling or sitting here watching the "Dis gon be gud" festivities without muh 'moticons?

You can use AdBlockPlus to block specific elements. I had an infraction some time back for telling off a libtard (who was, I believe, later banned). I blocked the panel that displays them so it would not offend my sensibilities.

I confirmed you can use it to hide avatars and the "Member" type badges.
Capture.PNG

With the Ads and logo they eat 2/3 of the screen on my phone - Not the end of the world but a bit annoying. Thanks for working on the color scheme. It's amazing to me that any developer, anywhere on the planet thought this was a solid default color scheme :)

On my phone, it eats 100% of the screen. Top third is logo. Most of the rest is an unnecessary giant blank area. Then I see the top few pixels of this thread title. I would post a Pic if I could figure out how to do it from a phone.

Oh, and as a developer, I can tell you really horrible stuff that they implement like nauseating color schemes is usually forced upon them by executive types.

I would post a Pic if I could figure out how to do it from a phone.

Easy peasy.

First, cast your display to any nearby smart tv.

Next, put your phone in camera mode and point at the tv and snap a...

wait a sec... that puts you in an infinite loop.

On MINE (Galaxy S7 XPLD) pressing the power button and the bottom center button at the same time snaps a screen shot.

Easy peasy.

First, cast your display to any nearby smart tv.

Next, put your phone in camera mode and point at the tv and snap a...

wait a sec... that puts you in an infinite loop.

On MINE (Galaxy S7 XPLD) pressing the power button and the bottom center button at the same time snaps a screen shot.

Taking a snapshot is simple enough. I just don't know if the new site supports direct uploads or still requires imgur or something.

The new software works pretty well on mobile devices. The old software was unusable, unless you actually enjoyed scrolling both horizontally and vertically to read a single post. Now you only have to scroll vertically, like you would in Tapatalk.

So you're telling me you can hit that tiny blue dot (on the unread threads list) to take you to the first unread post, without hitting any of the other links in the title, on a phone or 6.5" tablet? And you can hit the right page number button every time? You've got much smaller fingers than I do. The old web page sucked on a mobile device as well, but we had Tapatalk.

And a comment on likes. Maybe I don't want my "likes" listed under the post.

Oh cool. Anyway the above image is what I see on every page before I scroll down.

The formatting is built with the ads in mind, which you are blocking - this is what is causing the empty space.

So you're telling me you can hit that tiny blue dot (on the unread threads list) to take you to the first unread post, without hitting any of the other links in the title, on a phone or 6.5" tablet? And you can hit the right page number button every time? You've got much smaller fingers than I do. The old web page sucked on a mobile device as well, but we had Tapatalk.

And a comment on likes. Maybe I don't want my "likes" listed under the post.

160303_POL_TrumpHandColor.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Not only did I work hard at being funny and helpful (sure) to become a world champion, I'm missing about 500 "likes," nee reps. Oh, the humanity.

I'm really not a fan of the dotted blue line above sigs, or the red text. Seems awfully messy and looks disorganized.

But all my forums get makeovers, and I always manage to get used to it eventually. Just glad we're back online :)

Back
Top Bottom