• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

You're also outed as liking posts :cool: ....very facespace

bBYM1k2.png

To address your point, and the myriad other people that posted the same or similar thing - the old forum *was* broke - it had been end-of-life'd years ago and was no longer receiving security updates. I was spending hours every week fighting off hack attempts, and it just wasn't feasible to maintain. Out of the options available to us, this was the one that presented the best set of features and the best outlook for the future.

I understand a lot of you are frustrated with the change, but in the IT world, you can't just leave well-enough alone, and there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes that made this necessary. There's going to be a little bit of getting used to the new things, but it's not the end of the world.
Thanks for the work you put in. I don't like the look of the display but I am already finding navigation and notifications work better

I like the new look, but......i'll tell you what I miss. the opportunity to write a little comment after you "like" a post. remember, as it was with the rep system, the little box came up to insert a private comment to the poster. that was a fun feature to have. ok, done complaining....carry on.

The likes now are a pale shadow of what we had. VB had a simple but effective feedback mechanism. Xenlikes are just another fb.

Most of the rest of the site is shaping up nicely though, thanks to admin and shorty.

Still want dark theme and a better mobile, though ;)

It must be the IPhone people complaining about mobile. I just use the regular site on my phone. Whatever you do please don't make the mobile site automatic, some of us don't have crappy apple products and we can handle regular sites on our phones.

It must be the IPhone people complaining about mobile. I just use the regular site on my phone. Whatever you do please don't make the mobile site automatic, some of us don't have crappy apple products and we can handle regular sites on our phones.

I have an iPhone. I use it to crack nuts. It really rustles Jimmies when I have guests that have iPhones :)

I have one of those exploding Samsung's for actual phone stuff. Despite having a fairly large screen, the mobile site is NOT there yet.

Desktop, yeah. Lots of progress.

Idk, my iPhone and iPad work well with the new format. I can see the whole title of threads now, something that the last program cut off on my iPad. Try getting rid of tapatalk.

It took me a long time to find things...like how to get to the next page. I don't do change well. There are still things I haven't figured out. Seems like there are things missing but I haven't figured out what yet...the pictures in the signature area aren't there. Still other things seem to be missing. When I first opened the new version I had that scary sinking embarrassed anxious feeling I imagine I'd have if I stuck my hand up the dress of a girl I was making out with and found a lot more than I expected...and not in a "look at the gold watch I just found" good way!

It took me a long time to find things...like how to get to the next page. I don't do change well. There are still things I haven't figured out. Seems like there are things missing but I haven't figured out what yet...the pictures in the signature area aren't there. Still other things seem to be missing. When I first opened the new version I had that scary sinking embarrassed anxious feeling I imagine I'd have if I stuck my hand up the dress of a girl I was making out with and found a lot more than I expected...and not in a "look at the gold watch I just found" good way!

Reminds me of a night in Amsterdam. It wasn't good...

The likes now are a pale shadow of what we had. VB had a simple but effective feedback mechanism. Xenlikes are just another fb.

Most of the rest of the site is shaping up nicely though, thanks to admin and shorty.

Still want dark theme and a better mobile, though ;)
Yeah, I won't liking posts with the new system. No biggie, though.

I have an iPhone. I use it to crack nuts. It really rustles Jimmies when I have guests that have iPhones :)

I have one of those exploding Samsung's for actual phone stuff. Despite having a fairly large screen, the mobile site is NOT there yet.

Desktop, yeah. Lots of progress.
Site has looked good on my stock Galaxy browser since day 1.

I can't even figure out HOW to PM someone now....This is beyond frustrating
"Start a conversation" you can keep it private or invite others to join. Click on someone's icon and find "start a conversation" or open your inbox and list who you want to chat with.....

I kind of miss the feature that showed you the posts from the people in your friends now followers list. I added some of those people so I wouldn't miss their posts. Is there a feature like that here?

I just wish we had preference settings for color. The real light background and small text make it impossible for me to read without my glasses

Have an odd issue on the tablet.
Every now and then I will click on a thread to open it and it kicks me off the internet and I get a message ,
(starting download)
It's just certain threads it happens on.
Samsung Galaxy tablet.

CAN I SUGGEST THAT WE CHANGE THE COLOR BANNER FOR NES MEMBERS FROM GREEN TO ANY OTHER COLOR, JUST TO CONFUSE PEOPLE WHO KEEP HEARING ABOUT GOING GREEN?

Back
Top Bottom