1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Ok, I got a silly Baofeng and a Tech Exam Manual..

Discussion in 'HAM Radio' started by **DRB**, Apr 21, 2019.

1. timbo

timbo Navy Veteran NES Member

Got back from Nearfest an hour or so ago...just before it started pouring. I got a good deal on a Dentron MT-2000A legal limit tuner. The thing is built like a brick $h!t house...and for about half of what they usually go for at a flea market. I'm hoping to go QRO this year and will need a decent high power tuner.

I'll be going back tomorrow with a friend of mine who is getting along in years. At 86 years old, he doesn't move real fast but he's been a ham friend of mine for over 30 years. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

w1ujay likes this.
  2. **DRB**

**DRB**

Well, got everything all setup in the truck... already going to change a few things. Updated the repeater list in my ID-5100, and tried checking in with a few repeaters, and walked right into the beginning of the 7:30 net check in on the Paxton repeater (feeling kinda dumb)

AHM likes this.
  3. AHM

AHM NES Member

They made you stay, I hope.

4. **DRB**

**DRB**

I just listened ;) listened again tonight on my UV-5R / 5100 using the crossband repeat a little over a mile away from my truck

Evtide and AHM like this.
  5. AHM

AHM NES Member

Checking in to George's Old Timer's Net was my second QSO.
    (Working my primary elmer was my first).

6. Evtide

Evtide NES Member

Crossband repeat is a great tool when venturing out on foot within a mile or two from your parked truck. Be mindful that especially during a net, even though your H/T is receiving most of the time, your mobile radio is transmitting just about 100% of the time. You might want to set your power output (and maybe your time-out timer) accordingly so you don't kill your truck battery or burn up your 5100.

Len-2A Training and **DRB** like this.
  7. **DRB**

**DRB**

Wow, didn’t think of that! Thank you