Ok, I got a silly Baofeng and a Tech Exam Manual..

Got back from Nearfest an hour or so ago...just before it started pouring. I got a good deal on a Dentron MT-2000A legal limit tuner. The thing is built like a brick $h!t house...and for about half of what they usually go for at a flea market. I'm hoping to go QRO this year and will need a decent high power tuner.

I'll be going back tomorrow with a friend of mine who is getting along in years. At 86 years old, he doesn't move real fast but he's been a ham friend of mine for over 30 years. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

index.php

433554.jpg

Well, got everything all setup in the truck... already going to change a few things. Updated the repeater list in my ID-5100, and tried checking in with a few repeaters, and walked right into the beginning of the 7:30 net check in on the Paxton repeater (feeling kinda dumb)

I just listened ;) listened again tonight on my UV-5R / 5100 using the crossband repeat a little over a mile away from my tr

Crossband repeat is a great tool when venturing out on foot within a mile or two from your parked truck. Be mindful that especially during a net, even though your H/T is receiving most of the time, your mobile radio is transmitting just about 100% of the time. You might want to set your power output (and maybe your time-out timer) accordingly so you don't kill your truck battery or burn up your 5100.

Crossband repeat is a great tool when venturing out on foot within a mile or two from your parked truck. Be mindful that especially during a net, even though your H/T is receiving most of the time, your mobile radio is transmitting just about 100% of the time. You might want to set your power output (and maybe your time-out timer) accordingly so you don't kill your truck battery or burn up your 5100.

Wow, didn’t think of that! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom