Ohio man with AK-47 arrested in Times Square subway station

commodon

NES Member

He reportedly told the officers that he thought it was legal in New York City to carry an unloaded weapon with the ammunition stored separately.​

An Ohio man with an AK-47 was arrested Friday in a busy New York City subway station, police said.

The 18-year-old was approached by a transit officer around 12:30 p.m. in Times Square's Port Authority Bus Terminal Station on the mezzanine level of the A, C, and E train lines, The New York Police Department said.

The New York Post reported he was charging his cell phone on the platform with the weapon in plain view when the officer saw him. The rifle was unloaded, police said. Authorities also found a gas mask in his backpack. The unidentified teen was arrested without incident. He has not yet been charged, police said.

He reportedly told the officers that he thought it was legal in New York City to carry an unloaded weapon with the ammunition stored separately.

From Ohio man with AK-47 arrested in Times Square subway station

"Officers on patrol observed the man with what appeared to be an AK-47 semiautomatic rifle at 12:30 p.m. near turnstiles in the station, according to the officials. The officers took the man into custody without incident, the officials said."

I’ll call that progress - the AK-47 didn’t *appear* to be "fully semi-automatic" - rational people kept their heads. "That’s a semi-auto Bob, a sh*itty Century Arms for sure, not a full-auto, let’s go easy so this goes *without incident*."

Let’s just see if he is one of the 90% arrested "with a gun" in NYC and let off without charges. If white - nope - gotta be Black to be non- or de-incarcerated. Of course if Black, his cell phone would have been mistaken for a Glock and he’d be riddled with bullets - or Tasers if they mixed them up.

Probably headed to the Capitol a bit late...

Last edited:
Just all casual like on the subway... What this lil thing here? You like the furniture?
Future Supreme Court Justice

Let’s just see if he is one of the 90% arrested with "a gun" in NYC and let off without charges. If white - nope - gotta be Black to be non- or de-incarcerated.

It’s less to do with race and more to do with control. So an actual criminal with a gun for bad reasons, catch and release. Someone with a gun and no intentions to commit any crime (apart from falling victim to arbitrary gun laws themselves), well that the state just cannot have. Go directly to jail. Be forced to post insane bond if not denied it all together. Face decades in prison.

It’s the only way to ensure a constant source of fodder for the system.

It’s less to do with race and more to do with control. So an actual criminal with a gun for bad reasons, catch and release. Someone with a gun and no intentions to commit any crime (apart from falling victim to arbitrary gun laws themselves), well that the state just cannot have. Go directly to jail. Be forced to post insane bond if not denied it all together. Face decades in prison.

It’s the only way to ensure a constant source of fodder for the system.

Yeah, Poor F*ck got clipped mid-shift. At shift-change, the cops would have let the next shift deal with it. Lesson learned - ALWAYS keep your AK-47 cased when in public, if not deployed...

I’m actually surprised he even made it down the street without being robbed and beaten for the rifle. BLM activists must be slacking today due to bad weather.

I’m actually surprised he even made it down the street without being robbed and beaten for the rifle. BLM activists must be slacking today due to bad weather.
I'm questioning how he was walking around NYC, riding the subway/trains/buses/airport/port/etc. up until the point he was stopped. I'd think he would have been dimed out by some Karen or some LEO/security before getting that far opening carrying a rifle.

Could even potentially be someone trying to engineer a court case for activism.

I suspect this was another “activated” subject known to FBI, intended to be a spectacular mass shooting but this one was a dud and didn’t go off. For whatever reason the kid didn’t follow orders from his handlers / voices in his head / online radical pals (aka undercover FBI).

Did he walk from OH to NYC?
Can't you read? He took the subway.
Nonsense.

He took the bus,
and walked over from the Port Authority.
i060937.jpg

"Officers on patrol observed the man with what appeared to be an AK-47 semiautomatic rifle at 12:30 p.m. near turnstiles in the station, according to the officials. The officers took the man into custody without incident, the officials said."

I’ll call that progress - the AK-47 didn’t *appear* to be "fully semi-automatic" - rational people kept their heads. "That’s a semi-auto Bob, a sh*itty Century Arms for sure, not a full-auto, let’s go easy so this goes *without incident*."

Let’s just see if he is one of the 90% arrested "with a gun" in NYC and let off without charges. If white - nope - gotta be Black to be non- or de-incarcerated. Of course if Black, his cell phone would have been mistaken for a Glock and he’d be riddled with bullets - or Tasers if they mixed them up.

Probably headed to the Capitol a bit late...
He was/is black with a Mulism first name
He has a European last name

Sounds like someone who got caught up. If he wanted to do something I assume he would have.
Makes no sense to walk around with a rifle in the open and unloaded if you mean harm
Seems like he mistakenly thought the constitution was a real thing.
OR he could have been a poor planning mass murderer

@NYPDTransit
cops on “routine” patrol in the
@TimesSquareNYC
subway station recovered this AK-47 & a loaded magazine from an 18 y/o from Ohio. This story could’ve had a tragically different ending, but thanks to these diligent cops it ends with the suspect in handcuffs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom