• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ohio Gov. signs it into law

Ohio makes it law as Texas, TEXAS of all states tries to take it away. That’s what happens when all the lefties move in.

Ohio makes it law as Texas, TEXAS of all states tries to take it away. That’s what happens when all the lefties move in.

Texas is mostly a TV show stereotype of old movies. The reality doesn't stack up. Still not a horrible place, but is mostly all hat and no cattle. Shit for public land, shit weather, restrictive gun laws, hunting caged deer, horrible drivers, rampant crime(much of it homegrown), high sales tax, and I could go on.

Good food and good people in the small towns though.

Massachusetts has better CCW laws than Texas with respect to where you can carry.
Lethal force can be used in defense of property at night - so that is good.

Ohio:
This new law is really great for law abiding gun owners. Not so great for criminals.

TX isn't trying to take SYG away. One bonehead liberal (redundant?) legislator authored a bill; that doesn't mean it stands a chance in the legislature, or getting through the Governor's office.

Every state has idiot liberals in their legislature. That doesn't define the state.

I have to admit I was surprised when I researched Texas gun laws and found It wasn’t as great as one would think. As far as Ohio at least common sense is making its way back east closer to us, not that it will ever make it to MA though.

TX isn't trying to take SYG away. One bonehead liberal (redundant?) legislator authored a bill; that doesn't mean it stands a chance in the legislature, or getting through the Governor's office.

Every state has idiot liberals in their legislature. That doesn't define the state.
Massachusetts has such a legislator.

I'm feeling a little sheepish about revealing the name of said legislator.

Texas is mostly a TV show stereotype of old movies. The reality doesn't stack up. Still not a horrible place, but is mostly all hat and no cattle. Shit for public land, shit weather, restrictive gun laws, hunting caged deer, horrible drivers, rampant crime(much of it homegrown), high sales tax, and I could go on.

Hard to disagree with your post, seeing all this stuff first hand.

He is that RINO's demand for this legislation that he signed. This is a quote from the article.

"In a statement to the Dispatch, DeWine said that he hoped his action Monday would inspire cooperation with the GOP-controlled state legislature on firearm control legislation."

Hard to disagree with your post, seeing all this stuff first hand.

It's a weird state, but I think its high points are well in its past. The Texas "attitude" kind of keep it on my do not like list. Lots I enjoyed about it, 70mph backroads between the LA border and Jasper, Guadalupe National Park, always good food in the little back roads towns, the places in East TX where you really didn't want to turn down the wrong road as you might get tossed in the Sabine River.

When I lived in El Paso, there were some decent out of the way places to get at. Oddly enough, the best drivers there were the folks with Chihuahua plates-I would stay away from the TX & NM drivers. Way too many 30.06 signs-this predated the ability to OC there. I didn't see as many 30.06 or 30.07 signs in the east though.

No offense, but I hate driving 10 on the stretch that is by the location on your profile. I had surgery in San Antonio and was driving back and forth from Vernon Parish, LA to SA just about every other week. Would alternate the southern route-to Beaumont-I-10 to SA or taking 190 to Livingston, then 69 to Houston. I could never find a route I liked, but I-10 is miserable there.

I would love to do some more hiking out west. Well worth spending a few days in this park. Some awesome day hikes and multi day hikes. I shredded the soles on a newer pair of Merrill Chameleons on the Bear Canyon trail in the park.

IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0931.JPG

My wife’s family has a 800 acre ranch an hour outside of Austin, I love being there. Walk out of the ranch house and you can’t see another house, and yet 10 mins from a town with any store you would need, and a hospital in case you get bit by a snake or something 👍👍. Haven’t been there since 2019, hopefully I make it down this year

Wait. Leftists can move just like Conservatives??? So moving to a conservative state COULD mean that it turns liberal later???

Say it isn't so! ;)

I spent 4 years there against my better judgment. Some of the Italian food was pretty good snd the diners were nice. Also the tomatos in the summer were amazing. Not much else good to speak of.
Funny you should say that, best tomatoes I've ever had were from Essex county, NJ. Right before jumping into PA. Also, Edison diner in NJ is the best diner I've ever eaten through.

It would be nice if MA adopted the same SYG law. NH's violent crime rate is a fraction of what it is here. But of course, the moonbat tyrants want us to depend on the government for help.

This is important to know because every state has like their David Linsky type douchebags that file garbage like that every year that doesn't mean anything about the state it's just political grandstanding.....

My wife’s family has a 800 acre ranch an hour outside of Austin, I love being there. Walk out of the ranch house and you can’t see another house, and yet 10 mins from a town with any store you would need, and a hospital in case you get bit by a snake or something 👍👍. Haven’t been there since 2019, hopefully I make it down this year
Awesome!!!

Tract homes tend to be in HOAs and much closer together than homes in NE.

Lands where you can have a spread with your house generally come without mineral rights (which gives the owner of those rights the power to force you to accept a well on your land so they can get their stuff).

Back
Top Bottom