• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oh the humanity- Clipazine found in auditorium during christmas break in Medford.

Maybe dupe, maybe not? I searched..

25 Investigates: Gun magazine found in Medford school went unreported

A professional cleaning crew discovered the gun magazine [clip?] under a seat inside the McGlynn Middle and Elementary School auditorium on Dec. 28, while students were on holiday break.

Parents and teachers didn't know about the discovery until Tuesday and now have questions about how the school reacted.

After only recently learning about the discovery, Medford Police officers spent part of Tuesday sweeping the entire school, which is closed for February vacation. No weapons were found.

Danielle Atwell's children don't go to the school, but says the long list of school shootings, including the most recent tragedy in Florida, make this story a concern for all parents.

"I find it concerning. I think we should be notified of these things immediately. We really need to be aware of what's happening in our schools so for them not to tell anybody is really not right," said Atwell.

5 bucks said it was dropped by LEO security on concert night. [rolleyes]

didn't notice in the article if it was empty or not. I suppose it could be an issue if they think someone hid a full magazine somewhere to go back and use it later, but if empty?

didn't notice in the article if it was empty or not. I suppose it could be an issue if they think someone hid a full magazine somewhere to go back and use it later, but if empty?
News was all over the place (saw the 10pm). I couldn't decide if it was a clip or fully loaded magazine, also heard it might have been a legit clip with 3 rounds in it- I took that to mean a stripper clip and not a moon clip.

The video is not the same as the 10pm airing which had a woman legit crying and some clear confusion about what the hell a clip actually is.

Parent in audience at school play. If the parent is lucky, it's been handled enough that it has only the prints of persons who had custody after finding it.

And, if it is worth more than $3.00, the janitor who found it is legally entitled to take possession if it unclaimed after a year (LTC needed if high cap).

Was it loaded? I'd expect them to be screaming about a loaded magazine if it in fact was. If it wasn't the story becomes just a little bit more suspicious.

Parent in audience at school play. If the parent is lucky, it's been handled enough that it has only the prints of persons who had custody after finding it.

And, if it is worth more than $3.00, the janitor who found it is legally entitled to take possession if it unclaimed after a year (LTC needed if high cap).

This is what I'm thinking. It slid out of someone's pocket. I occasionally lose cartridges out of magazines and I never find them.

This morning's 5am news was describing it as a "clip with bullets", but said that it could not currently be found. The principal of the school thinks he might have thrown it away. I think we can safely assume he does not have a license.

OK, let's all play "How many felonies did he commit?". Winner gets to play the bonus round ("Will this public employee ever be prosecuted under our 'no criminal intent needed' laws?").

This morning's 5am news was describing it as a "clip with bullets", but said that it could not currently be found. The principal of the school thinks he might have thrown it away.
Could've belonged to an Airsoft gun... just sayin'

Need to start saving those 22 casings. We can rent a salt /sander truck off season, fill it up to the brim. And have a world of fun.
Sadly, no. Casings are considered "ammunition components" and thus "ammunition" under MA law. Intentionally dropping them would therefore violate 269 MGL S10 (6)(h)(2):
"Any person who leaves ... ammunition unattended with the intent to transfer possession of such ... ammunition to any person not licensed under section 129C of chapter 140 or section 131 of chapter 140 for the purpose of committing a crime or concealing a crime shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 21/2 years or in state prison for not more than 5 years."​
I suppose that you could make a case that an expended .22 rimfire casing is no longer an ammunition component as it can't be re-primed. If you got that to fly, you would likely be open to some "disturbing the peace" charge, and odds on the CoP would find you "unsuitable" forevermore.

At first I thought they were talking about some kid who left a copy of Guns & Ammo in the auditorium...

Then the media mistakenly said "clip" and I knew they meant a real magazine. Much unnecessary hysteria then followed by everyone I saw interviewed.

well this is just the sort of tone deaf shit some irresponsible gun owners DO do! Who the F*** brings a gun into a school auditorium??? AND then is irresponsible enough to lose a loaded magazine?

Sadly, no. Casings are considered "ammunition components" and thus "ammunition" under MA law. Intentionally dropping them would therefore violate 269 MGL S10 (6)(h)(2):
"Any person who leaves ... ammunition unattended with the intent to transfer possession of such ... ammunition to any person not licensed under section 129C of chapter 140 or section 131 of chapter 140 for the purpose of committing a crime or concealing a crime shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 21/2 years or in state prison for not more than 5 years."​
I suppose that you could make a case that an expended .22 rimfire casing is no longer an ammunition component as it can't be re-primed. If you got that to fly, you would likely be open to some "disturbing the peace" charge, and odds on the CoP would find you "unsuitable" forevermore.
Yes. I get this. trust me. Even my spent stuff is locked up. It was the irony that the idea of a truck spewing millions of brass cases would probably make people's heads explode, and shut the state down for a month. Even through they are worthless. And not reloadable.

well this is just the sort of tone deaf shit some irresponsible gun owners DO do! Who the F*** brings a gun into a school auditorium??? AND then is irresponsible enough to lose a loaded magazine?

Sloppy gun owner, lawless gang banger, anti with a plan - could be anybody at all.

A police officer? A guy who left his gun in the glove box? You don't have near enough information to ever believe a gun was in the school.

It was the irony that the idea of a truck spewing millions of brass cases would probably make people's heads explode, and shut the state down for a month. Even through they are worthless. And not reloadable.

I'm getting a mental image of Santa in a parade throwing brass to the kiddies instead of candy. [devil]

Yes. I get this. trust me. Even my spent stuff is locked up. It was the irony that the idea of a truck spewing millions of brass cases would probably make people's heads explode, and shut the state down for a month. Even through they are worthless. And not reloadable.

Actually, spent .22lr is reloadable, but you'd need to be anal (meticulous) and a cheapskate to do it. [smile]

Reload .22LR Ammo? Hint: Yes, You Can

Image the fun a frivolity that will have by all the folks with those pretty lights on their vehicles if brass started to be found at every school, every mall, every hospital....... Some REAL education would have to be done to stop the constant call outs.

Image the fun a frivolity that will have by all the folks with those pretty lights on their vehicles if brass started to be found at every school, every mall, every hospital....... Some REAL education would have to be done to stop the constant call outs.
No, knowing this state, all that would do was prompt Decker or Linsky to introduce a bill requiring that you register the number of rounds / cases you purchase each year, provide a notarized annual inventory of your stock to the AG, and supplement the inventory with a verified record of destruction for all cases you cannot produce at the time of said inventory. For The Children.

Last edited:
"Clipazine" sounds like one of those coupon flyers that comes in the mail from time to time.
Its-lit-The-Facebook-Backwards-Clipazine-Revolver-1-e1459377248648.jpg

Clipazine is an adjective, not a noun. It is usually used with the word revolver... Here, an aspiring rapper posts a picture of his "clipazine revolver". [thumbsup] Google provides many other examples, some of which are actually belt fed.

The video is not the same as the 10pm airing which had a woman legit crying and some clear confusion about what the hell a clip actually is.
I read a blog comment in which someone claimed the problem with the US was the "20 bullet cartridges", and that there's no reason anyone needs a cartridge that holds 20 bullets.

Who the F*** brings a gun into a school auditorium???
People who live in relatively free states, where people don't freak out about such things.

Back
Top Bottom