• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

oh, Patches, what have you done? *UPDATE FLASH*

All this sensless waste if human life could be eiminated if only we had the courage to pass laws against the root cause --- alcohol. If only the US would pass a law making the production, posession, sales or consumption of alcohol illegal, then ... well, at least the Kennedy's would have better things to do with their time than driving around drunk and taking up space in congress.

Ken

well, at least the Kennedy's would have better things to do with their time than driving around drunk and taking up space in congress.

Things such as transporting certain "substances" in small but fast boats?

Maybe he'll plead temporary insanity on account of being hit in the head last week by a broken hammer! Maybe we need a law that says you need a license to operate a hammer.[rolleyes]

No alcohol involved, just imsomnia medicine, yeah right! if you believe that then I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in.

KMaurer said:
All this sensless waste if human life could be eiminated if only we had the courage to pass laws against the root cause --- alcohol. If only the US would pass a law making the production, posession, sales or consumption of alcohol illegal, then ... well, at least the Kennedy's would have better things to do with their time than driving around drunk and taking up space in congress.

Ken

Isn't that how the Kenndy's made their fortune in the first place -- Prohibition?

MarkM said:
No alcohol involved, just imsomnia medicine, yeah right! if you believe that then I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in.

Is it in Chappaquidick? [wink]

the officers at the scene reported the smell of alcohol....so why did they not administer the field sobriety test????? Someone should lose their job over this and it should have been Kennedy.

Kennedy - "Rape, Murder, Drunken acts of stupidity, Bad politics, and disregard for the law. It's all in a days work"

daceman63 said:
the officers at the scene reported the smell of alcohol....so why did they not administer the field sobriety test????? Someone should lose their job over this and it should have been Kennedy.

According to the news reports I saw today, police brass showed up on the scene and ordered the cops to leave. A reporter has also said a waitress at his local watering hole saw him there that evening.

The police union is apparently the group making a stink because the brass covered it up.

how long must we live with the double standard....Well, he is a kennedy so I'm sure there will be a next time. There always is with them and that will be his undoing.....

Flash Update

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/05/D8HDQ9FG1.html
Rep. Patrick Kennedy to Enter Drug Rehab
May 05 3:16 PM US/Eastern

By ANDREW MIGA
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

Rep. Patrick Kennedy said Friday he was entering treatment for addiction to prescription pain medication, a decision made after a highly publicized car crash near the Capitol that he said he cannot recall.

Kennedy, D-R.I., said he plans to seek treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., immediately.

He announced his decision to reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference. He walked in alone, gripped the lectern, cleared his throat and began haltingly.

Kennedy, who has struggled with addiction and depression, said he had checked into the Mayo Clinic over the Christmas holidays and returned to Congress "reinvigorated and healthy."

"Of course, in every recovery, each day has its ups and downs, but I have been strong, focused and productive since my return," Kennedy said in a statement obtained by The Associated Press.

The congressman said he became concerned about his condition after the Thursday morning car accident.

"I simply do not remember getting out of bed, being pulled over by the police, or being cited for three driving infractions," Kennedy said. "That's not how I want to live my life. And that's not how I want to represent the people of Rhode Island."

As he was leaving the room, Kennedy was asked whether he might resign, and he shook his head no. "I need to stay in the fight," he said.

The congressman's father, Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., issued a supportive statement in which he said he's proud of his son for admitting his problem and taking steps to correct it.

"He has taken full responsibility for events that occurred ... and he will continue to cooperate fully with any investigation," the elder Kennedy said.

Weer'd Beard said:
Hey, say what you will about him, but at least he's trying to clean up.

Wether he stays clean will guage my reaction.

-Weer'd Beard
Screw him and every other Kennedy.
Here's the vid where he claims he has a disease like millions of other Americans that he's fighting for. Piece of shit.
http://themediacrunch.com/patrick-kennedy-pc/

Very shrewd!

Damage Control 101 in play here!

Typical Kennedy, and with lots of help from the experts in the family.

Weer'd Beard said:
Hey, say what you will about him, but at least he's trying to clean up.

Wether he stays clean will guage my reaction.

-Weer'd Beard

My personal opinion is that is only "damage control". I have seen many people who claim to have changed but only to fall back to their old ways after the heat has died down.

LenS said:
Very shrewd!

Damage Control 101 in play here!

Typical Kennedy, and with lots of help from the experts in the family.

Len,

Great minds think alike.

But what's our excuse?

Frosty,

Both of us are wizened by age and know BS when we smell it!

This maneuver by Kennedy will guarantee an end to any LE investigation, and make him a hero at home, guaranteeing him an easy re-election . . . plays to the sympathy of the voters.

It's another "I'm not responsible", "the gun went off by itself" play . . . and it works with the sheeple.

Hey, he was only out trying to vote. Unfortunatly, he wanted to vote in the 2000 Presidential election. That's where he had a beer cozy with "Go Kerry in 2000" keeping the brew cold............

centermass181 said:
"Hello Mr Kennedy, welcome to Sloshy Bridges Rehabilation Center, I assume youll be staying in the Kennedy suite?"

CM,

I think they have a "Kennedy Wing" there by now! Their IDs are awaiting them as soon as they make the phone call! [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom