• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OH - Man Shoots Knife Wielding Intruder

Bedford Heights police Detective Kenneth Hatcher said a homeowner shot a man with a 45 caliber handgun who broke into his house on Mardale Avenue around 11 a.m. Wednesday.

It all began, detectives said, when the burglar tried unsuccessfully breaking into a neighbor's house. A man next door heard commotion and looked out his window to see what was going on and called 911. That's when detectives said the burglar smashed some flower pots then smashed his way through a front window in the 5300 block of Mardale Avenue and crawled in.

The homeowner can be heard on the 911 call telling the burglar to leave and get out of his house or he'll "blow his head off." The suspect wouldn't listen and instead began rummaging through a drawer and grabbed a knife, police said. Fearing for his life, the homeowner grabbed a gun...

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-who-tries-breaking-into-bedford-heights-home

4705775948_fd271734aa.jpg

The suspect wouldn't listen and instead began rummaging through a drawer and grabbed a knife

LOL. "Yes, officers, I always keep one of my kitchen knives in that drawer right there. Some coincidence that he happened to pick the one drawer in my house outside of the kitchen that I keep a kitchen knife in."

Dang, Kevlar, do you spend all of your free time searching for defensive shootings? I like reading them, though.

Obie1:2352715 said:
Dang, Kevlar, do you spend all of your free time searching for defensive shootings? I like reading them, though.

I've been thinking the same thing :) I somehow feel less paranoid and more prepared knowing this happens. Thanks for posting, Kevlar.

Back
Top Bottom