• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oh how frustrating it is....

Well, itll be 7 weeks since my interview tomorrow (11 since my application submission), although i know this isnt long at all compared to others, all of my range buddies are already licensed and own their own firearms now. guess whos the odd man out? back right after i had applied, my local FFL had an M+M M10 762 on the shelf. I really like this rifle for the price and options that it comes with. something was telling me when i was standing there looking over the rifle that i should have had my friend buy it and buy it off of him, i passed it up.

now in the wake of tragedy in CT and all of the panic buying, i really wished i had. because now theyre averaging $1200 im finding out, and itll be next to impossible to purchase one. my initial plan was to go with a 9MM and an AK for my first purchase, because who knows what is going to happen in the coming months. now im even considering different options because of all the hysteria, and which direction ill take when i actually have my license in hand.

and im still just, waiting, watching inventory fly out the window [sad2]

/rant.

just had to get that off of my chest. haha

I was thinking about this(your situation ) the other day

imagining "I should get my LTC i'll go start the paper work" que 3 months later " a F***ing AR is how much now?!

sorry man it sucks

I waited 8 weeks in Attleboro only to recieve a denial for my LTC-A. I was told by the new Sgt in charge of lisencing that because of this; http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_39efda03-dc1b-5853-89f4-8aaae976c562.html that they were under "scrutiny" and had to "show real justification" for every lisence issued, also they were "weary about giving lisences to carry to people in their 20's" i'm 28. I had to re-apply for my FID, recieved that 8 weeks later and was told to "stay out of trouble" with it and next time shouldn't be an issue. This all started back in June of last year.

I waited 8 weeks in Attleboro only to recieve a denial for my LTC-A. I was told by the new Sgt in charge of lisencing that because of this; http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_39efda03-dc1b-5853-89f4-8aaae976c562.html that they were under "scrutiny" and had to "show real justification" for every lisence issued, also they were "weary about giving lisences to carry to people in their 20's" i'm 28. I had to re-apply for my FID, recieved that 8 weeks later and was told to "stay out of trouble" with it and next time shouldn't be an issue. This all started back in June of last year.
Man thats BS. Sorry bro.

That right there is a whole lot of unconstitutional - sorry to hear that.

Just think. If it takes long enough for it to come in, prices might be normal.

this is true. thats the only upside to the situation.

Agreed.

Those M10s are sick too, I'd love to have one someday but not at these prices.

yea they are, its a $600 rifle new, well MSRP...but ive seen them around $700. but i refuse to pay upwards of $1000.

I know the feeling... mine took about 8 weeks and it sucked... hang in there the Attleboro's are very Green..

well unfortunately, Attleboro, isnt as green anymore. after the below post with the previous chief issuing to people that should have been disqualified. they like to exercise their adult-ism now and not issue R:N to anyone under the age of 26. Im going to try to re-apply in a year and see what happens.

That's technically an illegal "straw purchase", so it's probably a good thing you didn't. Now, if the shop would've let you put it on layaway . . .

is it really? i didnt think there was a problem with that if he bought it, registered it under his name, then i bought it legally and had it transferred into my name?

wow, seriously?? that is absurd. i was weary of that before i applied and now i wished i had taken a legal approach before i submitted my app and had a firearms attorney call ahead. i feel as though it may have helped. i was told by the licensing officer that id be getting a LTC-A H&T Restriction. im 22 years old, with NO prior record. clean as a whistle. again, frustrating.

Yeah, I was isulted to say the least. I felt like they were basically telling me "we'll give you this and see how you do, and if you're a good boy then you can have your full gun rights" I thought my time in the Army as an 11B should have been "proof" enough to them that I can own a firearm and not do anything stupid. guess not..

Yeah, I was isulted to say the least. I felt like they were basically telling me "we'll give you this and see how you do, and if you're a good boy then you can have your full gun rights" I thought my time in the Army as an 11B should have been "proof" enough to them that I can own a firearm and not do anything stupid. guess not..

Contact Comm2A if you haven't already. www.comm2a.org

Contact Comm2A if you haven't already. www.comm2a.org

I spoke with Brent from comm2a extensively during this process. He was a lot of help but the appeal process was just something I didn't want to bother with especially knowing that the judge would most likely just rubber stamp the chiefs denial. I'll wait a year or 2 and re-apply for the LTC-A. For now, the FID will do just fine. I'm having plenty of fun with my leverguns! [mg]

every time i read a post regarding someone who has served our country being denied an LTC, i become more and more disgusted with this state. its absurd. your absolutely right too, if youve served and were honorably discharged there should be no questions asked. especially because youve already got a record with the government thats lengthy.

i too have looked into comm2a a little bit about my R:N denial but im not in any position to get into a legal battle. ill take what i can get and deal for a while, and hopefully re-apply in a year or so.

thank you for your service.

Back
Top Bottom