NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Time travel? Happens with some serious drinking. I've time travelled a few times in my youth.
Time travel is easy, we all do it every day. Now stopping it, or going in reverse, that's the tricky part. [smile]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1G would be zero acceleration.
1G <- way, not \/ way. 1G acceleration is a pretty quick car.

Edit, interesting write up on car acceleration:

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please say more about the missing time.
My parents have a lakeside cabin up in Maine. Back in the late 70’s we used to go up there every weekend (all year).
Please say more about the missing time.
Saturday nights my mom would go out to the dock and look at the stars. We lived in Lynn at the time and stargazing was not something on did for a number of reasons. She usually would be out there for a half an hour or so.
One night my Dad and I got through the Love Boat and Fantasy Island and she hadn’t come in. I distinctly remember wondering where she was. Shortly thereafter she came in and told us a star moved across the sky and right at the zenith it started getting bigger and bigger. She thought is was getting closer and closer until it stopped ad started accessing. Then it moved across the sky out of sight. She thought she was out there for 15 minutes.
My parents don’t drink and I was 10

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When I was a kid, living in DeKalb County Georgia, me and a group of friends were hanging out one summer night. Someone notices an enormous ring of flashing colored lights, heading directly at us. Picture a ring approximately 100 feet in diameter, like a giant O in the sky, flashing red, yellow, green, blue..and it was completely silent, at what looked like about 1000 feet high.
To say we were freaked out is an understatement. This was before cell phones or affordable video cameras. People started to come out of their houses, and someone had just gone in to call the cops. That is when the Fuji Film blimp turned 90 degrees, and we realized what we were seeing was that the blimp was heading directly at us, so we were just viewing the outer ring of flashing lights. And it happened very slowly. For a solid 5 minutes, 25 people were absolutely convinced that it was a space craft from Close Encounters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom