Official UFO thread

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Like others above I would guess that government experimental tech accounts for most sightings.
There is no human tech that could do what the objects in the Nimitz sightings do unless you believe Area 51 has cracked anti-gravity propulsion or something similar.

I suppose that's possible and it is what Occam's Razor would suggest - it is some advanced human technology. But if it is human technology then we already possess the means to go easily to Mars and beyond.

I don't think aliens would come from outside the solar system to f*** with us like this. It's just too far to come and play practical jokes.

My personal belief is we are unknowingly sharing this planet with a non-human advanced intelligent species that originated either on Earth or somewhere in our solar system.

Last edited:

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ben Rich, who ran the Lockheed Skunkworks was quoted as saying we already have the technology to bring ET home.

I also am very curious about the connection to cattle mutilations. It sure looks like sample collection to me. It has been observed with different domesticated species, and even a human. The sample collection methodology been incredibly consistent for too many decades to be random. The FBI investigated this for many years, and it still happens all the time.

There is no human tech that could do what the objects in the Nimitz sightings do unless you believe Area 51 has cracked anti-gravity propulsion or something similar.

I suppose that's possible and it is what Occam's Razor would suggest - it is some advanced human technology. But if it is human technology then we already possess the means to go easily to Mars and beyond.

I don't think aliens would come from outside the solar system to f*** with us like this. It's just too far to come and play practical jokes.

My personal belief is we are unknowingly sharing this planet with a non-human advanced intelligent species that originated either on Earth or somewhere in our solar system.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

They are not here as a practical joke. The traded their alien technology for an endless supply of cow lips, and ten anal probes per month

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ben Rich, who ran the Lockheed Skunkworks was quoted as saying we already have the technology to bring ET home.
But he didn't say how fast, so he could have meant a 180 year ride. That is more or less doable now with ion propulsion if anyone were dumb enough to sign up for the one way trip.

Now, any space vehicle that can maneuver without reaction mass, i.e. a reactionless drive, that is waaay out there in Star Trek territory.

I want to believe but that is breakaway civilization type stuff, that kind of claim makes Infowars look like the Washington Post. It's easier for me to believe that a three million year old colony of last-surviving Martians has an operating warp drive than that we do.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
... Cause why not

The Navy seems to be acknowledging some stuff as of late, so I'll get this party started.

First heard Fravor interviewed on the Fighter Pilot Podcast (excellent podcast if you like aviation)
035 - UFOs

And of course, he's famous from his time on the PBS Carrier Documentary.

Just thought I'd kick this off as it's a fun topic and I haven't seen any designated UFO threads.
I listened to this today. Very compelling stuff. It's well worth the time to watch the whole thing. I thought the story Fravor tells at 46:57 was pretty funny where he explains how pilots are responsible for some of the bogus sightings on record.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But he didn't say how fast, so he could have meant a 180 year ride. That is more or less doable now with ion propulsion if anyone were dumb enough to sign up for the one way trip.

Now, any space vehicle that can maneuver without reaction mass, i.e. a reactionless drive, that is waaay out there in Star Trek territory.

I want to believe but that is breakaway civilization type stuff, that kind of claim makes Infowars look like the Washington Post. It's easier for me to believe that a three million year old colony of last-surviving Martians has an operating warp drive than that we do.
They have reaction less drives now. Ion drives. But they put out micro newtons of force today

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They have reaction less drives now. Ion drives. But they put out micro newtons of force today
You're conflating two pieces of technology. Ion drives are most certainly not reactionless drives. The reaction mass is the ions accelerated by an electromagnetic field.

The other thing is the EmDrive which I believe will come to be known as the MeDrive (Measurement Error Drive).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Cause why not

The Navy seems to be acknowledging some stuff as of late, so I'll get this party started.

First heard Fravor interviewed on the Fighter Pilot Podcast (excellent podcast if you like aviation)
035 - UFOs

And of course, he's famous from his time on the PBS Carrier Documentary.

Just thought I'd kick this off as it's a fun topic and I haven't seen any designated UFO threads.
clyde lewis ground zero radio pod casts still the best out there for ufo, para normal/political and free Ground Zero Media

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yup. For a true reactionless drive you need to control gravity at the very least. For all we know you can do it with a AA battery and some physics we dont yet understand.

We dont even know what we dont know. Every form of propulsion we know requires pushing mass backwards to push another mass forward. The EM drive seems to create propulsion without mass, but the jury is still out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup. For a true reactionless drive you need to control gravity at the very least. For all we know you can do it with a AA battery and some physics we dont yet understand.

We dont even know what we dont know. Every form of propulsion we know requires pushing mass backwards to push another mass forward. The EM drive seems to create propulsion without mass, but the jury is still out.
So what you're saying is that we need to invent new things that haven't been invented yet!

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

I saw something that said if octopuses had the same life span as a human, they would be the dominant species because of their intelligence.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I saw something that said if octopuses had the same life span as a human, they would be the dominant species because of their intelligence.
Yeah, no. The big problem for octopi is there are a ton of useful chemical reactions you need to play with on the way to a technological civilization that just won't go underwater.

That's the big stumbling block for me in imagining other intelligent species in our solar system. There might be intelligent creatures on Io or Enceladus or a number of other places but they'd all be aquatic so no fire, no smelting, no anything really. They'd just be stuck like whales, dolphins and octopi.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
They could be us. Time traveling humans from the future who have evolved to the point where they and their technology are unrecognizable to us.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They could be us. Time traveling humans from the future who have evolved to the point where they and their technology are unrecognizable to us.
I just can't quite get to the point where I think time travel might be possible. Or interdimensional travel whatever that might mean.

However, there's a lot of stuff we take for granted where our ancestors 2,000 years ago would have laughed at the idea and stated it to be categorically impossible.

The problem for us though is we're bumping up against very well understood physical laws. Getting past them is going to take something that looks like magic, just like those Nimitz UFOs.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just can't quite get to the point where I think time travel might be possible. Or interdimensional travel whatever that might mean.

However, there's a lot of stuff we take for granted where our ancestors 2,000 years ago would have laughed at the idea and stated it to be categorically impossible.

The problem for us though is we're bumping up against very well understood physical laws. Getting past them is going to take something that looks like magic, just like those Nimitz UFOs.
Interdimensional travel may be possible, but it may also require that you start out as an interdimensional being with interdimensional materials at your disposal. Who knows if we can do it with plain old 3D materials. I'm sure it's easier to start out ND and pop into 3D world, than the other way around.

Anyway, that's what I think most aliens would actually turn out to be ... interdimensional beings that aren't necessarily from some far-away star system, but are actually from right here. But, living in the >3D space that is around us. Now, how they actually came to be ND beings, who knows. Either they were born that way, or figured out how to "ascend" from 3D to ND, sort of like the "ancients" in the Stargate series who eventually got to the point where they ascended to this higher level of existence. UFO sightings often seemingly violate the laws of physics, at least if you assume they are 3D beings. But ND, the rules can be thrown out the window... you want to appear and disappear out of nowhere, or make right angles at 100,000 mph, or split in two and combine back into one? No problem if you're ND.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'll prove or disprove that theory by announcing a meeting with time travelers 5 minutes from now, in my kitchen. Being time travelers, they can read this message in the future, and return to 5 minutes from now and meet with me. Okay here goes...

Edited: didn't work! Well, I tried.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
upload_2019-10-7_18-30-10.png

:)

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
I saw Bob Lazar analyzing those navy videos. He was like a kid in a candy store. He was explaining how the technology works like he had been using said technology for decades. It seemed as though he was intimately familiar with the craft and how it worked. They showed some of Lazar’s drawings from 35 years ago and they matched up to the craft in the videos exactly. I’m not saying anything but that I found it extremely interesting.

If we are the only ones it seems like an awful waste of space.

Carl Sagan.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I saw Bob Lazar analyzing those navy videos. He was like a kid in a candy store. He was explaining how the technology works like he had been using said technology for decades. It seemed as though he was intimately familiar with the craft and how it worked. They showed some of Lazar’s drawings from 35 years ago and they matched up to the craft in the videos exactly. I’m not saying anything but that I found it extremely interesting.
Interesting. I'm going to go find that video.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah, no. The big problem for octopi is there are a ton of useful chemical reactions you need to play with on the way to a technological civilization that just won't go underwater.

That's the big stumbling block for me in imagining other intelligent species in our solar system. There might be intelligent creatures on Io or Enceladus or a number of other places but they'd all be aquatic so no fire, no smelting, no anything really. They'd just be stuck like whales, dolphins and octopi.
Maybe I shouldn't get my alien facts from the Simpsons. [rofl]Kodoskangtappedout.png

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
Interesting. I'm going to go find that video.
I thought it was on that new discovery channel show Contact, I looked back at the last few episodes and I don’t think it was that program. It was one of the lesser-known programs I think maybe on the Travel Channel. They were talking about the recent documentary made about Lazar and they had the documentary filmmaker and Bob himself on the program and they were interviewing them about these new Navy videos. It was interesting, if you find it please post the link as I’d like to watch it again.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'll prove or disprove that theory by announcing a meeting with time travelers 5 minutes from now, in my kitchen. Being time travelers, they can read this message in the future, and return to 5 minutes from now and meet with me. Okay here goes...

Edited: didn't work! Well, I tried.
Maybe they knew that you filled the whiskey decanter with Fleischmans.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Occam's Razor leads me to believe this is probably some advanced tech (hopefully) we have created. I think the reason the .gov doesn't seem super upset about it getting out there is because they know it's ours, so they know if nothing else it'll make the Chinese and Russians sweat. I am convinced that Commander Fravor and his fellow pilots are probably not in on any of that... I'm sure they are describing exactly what they saw as they know it.

A billion cell phone cameras, dash cams, security cameras, the friggin Hubble telescope, etc. And not one single clear definitive picture exists. Just like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Daint nottin here but us.
Except we do have these on FLIR, so pictures do exist. I think the majority of UFO sitings are people who are mistaken or making it up. I think the ones that aren't are most likely not extra-terrestrial. Statistically, I'm confident life exists of this planet, but I'm not confident it has visited us.

Top Bottom