Official UFO thread

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
... Cause why not

The Navy seems to be acknowledging some stuff as of late, so I'll get this party started.

First heard Fravor interviewed on the Fighter Pilot Podcast (excellent podcast if you like aviation)
035 - UFOs

And of course, he's famous from his time on the PBS Carrier Documentary.

Just thought I'd kick this off as it's a fun topic and I haven't seen any designated UFO threads.

additionalmc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
most likely it's BS to distract from secret technologies here on earth. I've been watching these "ufo" shows for the past 20+ years, in my early years I really thought there was "life out there" I bought into all that sh!t. I actually got into arguments and lost friends over it.

After so long, I've realized what we are dealing with.
-endless amounts of fantasies
-people who have no idea of anything
-a government that exploits and intertwines both

There's nothing but questions here, and guess what....nobody has the answers

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is there life out there, yes. Just as there is climate change.
But the details matter.
Is it intelegent life, maybe but if it is why would they want anything to do with us? Look at the radio and tv we've been pumping into space.
If the aren't intelegent, yet, then they would have no means to contact us.
Either way they aren't coming here.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
I have the Original UFO metal lunch box. When the LittleHappies were little, I was a stay-at-home dad. I did the chaperoning on the school field trips, and, since I had one of the UFO boxes, when they were new, I went out and paid too much for the street cred.

Kids were amazed that at it. I even had the original thermos. [rockon]

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It seems naive and somewhat hubristic to think that we are alone in the infinite universe. That said, I'm sure that 99.99% of all UFO/alien sightings were either made up or mistaken.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Is it intelegent life, maybe but if it is why would they want anything to do with us? Look at the radio and tv we've been pumping into space.
If the aren't intelegent, yet, then they would have no means to contact us.
Either way they aren't coming here.
Maybe they left as soon as they got the signal and are still on their way.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It seems naive and somewhat hubristic to think that we are alone in the infinite universe. That said, I'm sure that 99.99% of all UFO/alien sightings were either made up or mistaken.
Generally agree. I'm not neccessarily convinced "UFOs" are alien. I am somewhat convinced that these Navy pilots have observed something that defies (publicly) known propulsion systems. Whether they are domestic, foreign, or alien, I think the jury is still out. I'd be more likely to think it's some secret project that belongs to us, China, or Russia.

I find the credibility of these pilots and the corroboration of their stories to be compelling though.

jayrf929

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe we are not alone and the government is hiding any and all info related to the topic. People seem to base their opinion solely on what we know. Meaning, we can’t possibly travel fast enough or have the fuel capabilities to travel far enough to find intelligent life therefore it can’t be possible. I find that thought process incredibly arrogant. If it were possible to go back in time to 1903 and plop an F22 Raptor in front of the Wright brothers they would have thought it was an alien spacecraft. It is possible other life out there has far superior technology than our own, that’s all I’m trying to say.
If you have a few hours to spare watch (or listen to) Out of the Blue on Amazon Prime. These aren’t dumb hillbillies trying to make a name for themselves, the people on this documentary are all seemingly reputable people. Also watch anything from Stanton Friedman. Good stuff. I could talk about this stuff for hours.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I saw mine in North Phoenix, AZ in 1985 at 3AM from the bed of my '78 Ford F-100 while escaping the heat of a hot, desert ranch house when I was attending Harley-Davidson mechanics school.

Phoenix was great back then...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think we just have too many similar stories from across the world to just dismiss it as outright fantasy. Playing devil's advocate though, there are plenty of diverse stories out there all over the world, so it's not uncommon that you're going to find one similar to the one you're looking for. I do think that the Nimitz videos are one of the most interesting and compelling pieces of evidence that I've seen. Here you have highly trained pilots, that are especially skilled in observing their surroundings and reporting on what they see, being ordered off of a training exercise to pursue an object that the government/military wasn't able to identify and the way this object moved doesn't match any currently known technology.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I think we just have too many similar stories from across the world to just dismiss it as outright fantasy. Playing devil's advocate though, there are plenty of diverse stories out there all over the world, so it's not uncommon that you're going to find one similar to the one you're looking for. I do think that the Nimitz videos are one of the most interesting and compelling pieces of evidence that I've seen. Here you have highly trained pilots, that are especially skilled in observing their surroundings and reporting on what they see, being ordered off of a training exercise to pursue an object that the government/military wasn't able to identify and the way this object moved doesn't match any currently known technology.

I believe because there are pictures going back milenia of flying objects. However I tend to really only take stock in ground sightings that illicit a fighter deployment after sighting. No disrespect to our fine fly boys.

Just the probabilties of "bumping" into one in the sky is crazy astronomical. No idea what the circumstances are in the video btw

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe because there are pictures going back milenia of flying objects. However I tend to really only take stock in ground sightings that illicit a fighter deployment after sighting. No disrespect to our fine fly boys.

Just the probabilties of "bumping" into one in the sky is crazy astronomical. No idea what the circumstances are in the video btw
The story I heard with the Nimitz video was that the pilots were on a routine training exercise when they received orders to redirect to intercept the unknown object. The video shows their attempt to follow the object.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The story I heard with the Nimitz video was that the pilots were on a routine training exercise when they received orders to redirect to intercept the unknown object. The video shows their attempt to follow the object.
In which case then.... aliens

Top Bottom