• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official NES Cast Bullets Seminar

Unusually quiet day to day so I decided to Pan lube some 8mm and see if the 50 cal Lee real bullet would take to Pan lube...no it does not.
I will be trying LLA for those next.
I actually have come to like ALOX or Lee LLA it's easy and less of a mess or hassle. Once in a while I will use good old bullet lube though.

Another benefit to casting

1927 mosin with worn bore. Shoots minute of back stop with FMJ
But shrinking it down with some cast loads.
lyman 214299 200 grain gas checked white label lube. These come out right around .315" out of the mold if I run the alloy and mold hot. theen through a .314" sizer to seat the gas checks. These work well in my enfield also. Now to just shorten my custom made sight to get point of imapct in line with where I am aiming. i was aimimg 6 oclock of the black bull above and had the rear sight on 400m.
going to take down the front sight. The goal is about 6" high at 50 yards from point of aim. Should put me in the 10 ring at 200 yards. Will run this at one of the cmp vintage matches if I finish up load tests and sight work.

After the group above I needed to get back to work and my hands got cold so I banged out 7 rounds quickly.
I,moved the rear sight up to 700 to see how much it changes POI.

Last edited:
A few days ago I had the time to cast some 120gr RN 30 cal. for my M1 carbine. Yesterday it was warm here so I Hi-Tek Coated them. I tried some thing new when I went to size them. I put them in a 1lb deli container and gave them a couple of squirts of my home made case lube and tossed them in the container, they were much easier going through the Lee sizing die!!
20170319_141630.jpg 20170319_123519.jpg

A few days ago I had the time to cast some 120gr RN 30 cal. for my M1 carbine. Yesterday it was warm here so I Hi-Tek Coated them. I tried some thing new when I went to size them. I put them in a 1lb deli container and gave them a couple of squirts of my home made case lube and tossed them in the container, they were much easier going through the Lee sizing die!!
View attachment 193884View attachment 193885

Nice batch man!
I do the same thing with Dillon case lube if I know they drop big and are going to be hard to size.

Last batch of 45 I switched back to traditional lube for fun. Had so much fun using the Star sizer I ordered more lube. 5 carnauba red. 2 BAC and 2 carnauba blue.
Going to have to size up some 38 wadcutters this week.

Back
Top Bottom