OFFICIAL: NES BULLET CASTING SEMINAR

If we can get a few guys in on it I say we go for it. Usually a couple
Keels pop up a year. We would just need to pay scrap price.

Anyone else in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can get a few guys in on it I say we go for it. Usually a couple
Keels pop up a year. We would just need to pay scrap price.

Anyone else in?

You can score keels below scrap price as some are a real pita to get out of where they are. Need to be cut up and hauled off.

0f06dfae1167bd2f566da7ebec02bd91.jpg

Two full buckets for $60 cash. I'll have a nice sorting project week after next while off work. Maybe some smelting before XMAS. Lead Tinsel for the tree!

Think of it as a in where you got them. In my area it's tough to get any shop to turn them over.
Local scrap yard was paying .39/lb for clean lead. Nothing in it and scrap price for clip on wheel weights.
Keep you zinc. There are people out there that want zinc. I met a guy locally that makes cannon balls from zinc. The clips and iron wheel weights can be scrapped also.

I have seen a drastic decrease in lead in the few buckets I get. I'm down to the lesser side of 50% lead then a split between zinc and iron and about 5 % of other types. I get approx 6 buckets a year.

Id prefer WW to keel but if you have a line one some keel lead, ill bring my chainsaw and lift gate.pm me... if its heavy enough we can travel to get it.but if we have to take the ehole boat..its a different situation.
Is this you.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to potentially cast shot for my trap gun but id imagine it takes for ever

I think it would work better for larger shot.. i've been considering gettting a buckshot mold for m203 40mm reloads.
Right now i have a round loaded up with 20 63 grain .223 projectiles. Next i'll try sprue waste...i saw flachettes at the gun show sold for novelty purposes but was too overprice to shoot any real quantity of.

Gravel may be a an economic solution. I won't know till i try

They do make shotmakers. I have a James Stewart. Works well. It is a bit time consuming although I had a,bunch of time when I was shooting ATA trap.

Im going to have to look into that further, find a youtube video of something. I may shoot him an email.
Theres only one picture on his website, if it does make 110lbs an hour id consider it...that would also make a nice DIY project. The machines seems to use orifices similar to my balisticast caster.

Im going to have to look into that further, find a youtube video of something. I may shoot him an email.
Theres only one picture on his website, if it does make 110lbs an hour id consider it...that would also make a nice DIY project. The machines seems to use orifices similar to my balisticast caster.

I can tell you the machine will melt and drop that but can you process that much per hour?.
I took it slow and easy just before my twins where born and with out effort made up 500lbs of shot ready to go when ever I need it. Only shot 4 rounds in five years so loading has,been slow for me.

I don't have any camera skills but here's my little set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that video has me sold...is it your video?. Is that just coolant?
While 5-$600 is alot.. it could be rocouped quickly using strickly soft free lead.. i wonder what the max shot size is. That is way more practical than any mold.

I am not getting the notice of replies on here that sucks. I am trying to get out to the garage today we will see what happens this week is not going too well. Side effects kicking my butt. I hope all are doing well and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Wow that video has me sold...is it your video?. Is that just coolant?
While 5-$600 is alot.. it could be rocouped quickly using strickly soft free lead.. i wonder what the max shot size is. That is way more practical than any mold.

yes my video... I scored my shotmasker used and shortly after shot when crazy.... $50/25#.
I dont know how big you can make the shot. My drippers are 7 1/2/ 8 shot size can varry with temp and lead alloy. I use range scrap and wheel weights.
just coolant. everyones system is a tad different. I get the best shoty keeping my coolant around 125'F doesnt take long to get there.

Very cool, ill shoot you a pm with a couple questions. To not steal the thread.

Ive always have been trying to buy shot for its arsenic content for heat treating softer lead.
Everyone i talked to wanted the cost of buying it new, no shipping pickup only..and anyone with the 500-1000lbs wouldnt do a bulk rate.i never managed to make it happen and worth doing..
Id be kicking myself had i melted down any shot...but i figured larger shot would be better for my application

Last edited:
You're like the king of Christmas tree scores. That's a damn good deal man.

Last edited:
Has anyone been thinking about one this year. I would love to hold one at my house but I don't think I have the parking. I do say the view would be lovely. If people are interested let's start planning.
A.jpg

So I have been in the shop doing a little casting Now I need more lead before I run myself out.
Top left 8mm .329 for the Styer Mannlicher, top right 3.12 for the Mosin and Enfield, bottom left .309 for the 1903s and bottom left 230gr 308 for 300 Blackout subsonic

20160401_144225.jpg

Mike I just got word that the uppers for it an another AR have been shipped today so hopefully they should be here by next Tuesday.

- - - Updated - - -

They did get Powder coated.

20160402_120915.jpg

Buy some of the aluminum tape at home depot. i think it's used for ducts or something.
Cut strips of that and slap it on the mould

Back
Top Bottom