***Official 1st Annual Northeastshooters.com Octoberfest ***

What weekend is better for everyone?

• Total voters
Late September would be best for me.

9, 10, 11 Sep is out, I've got drill (assuming I pass my MMRB), and October's dates aren't out yet.

I'm also one of the votes for VT. NH would be OK as well. I'll be applying for a NH CCW soon anyways.

SgtUSMC8541 said:
C-pher said:
And some beers back...

Well.... yeah. That way you have new targets to shoot. [lol]

I dislike canned beer, and shooting bottles is not good. 20 oz Soda bottles work well, though, they make nice 25 yard pistol targets, and bouncing them around with a Battle Rifle is a hoot and then some.

Nickle said:
I dislike canned beer, and shooting bottles is not good. 20 oz Soda bottles work well, though, they make nice 25 yard pistol targets, and bouncing them around with a Battle Rifle is a hoot and then some.

Yea, more so if you fill the 20oz'ers up with water...so it's semi reactive. Or just put some cheap tonic in them, then shake the hell out of it before you set it up range.

It's a damn shame that the Lost Liberty Hotel won't be built yet, but in its absence I would love to go to a meet and greet, add me to that list, along with AZMLII (my fiance Patrick)
Just as long as it's not going to be weekend of 9/10 (wedding) or 9/17 (still on honeymoon) we'll be there!

Nickle said:
No problem. Just trying to suggest a possible date. Range would defintely be the first priority.

I'm in the works of getting a range rented for the day in southern, NH. Once I find out whats dates I can rent the range, I'll make another poll to nail down an outing date. There shouldn't be a problem finding a camp ground and hotels in that area.

Sounds good.

I'm in the works of getting my NH CCW Permit. I know it isn't required for the outing, but I'm traveling later in the year, and it will speed up my Florida CCW Permit (and I'll probably never go to Florida).

Nickle said:
How about 9/24? Who has a conflict?

Two conflicts with 9/24:

- Braintree R&P lobster & clam bake. Derek & Brent are also members there, I expect to be there but can't speak for others.

- 9/24 & 9/25 are the dates of the (potentially) 500 table gun show in Marlboro. Parking is free and this one should be as good as the ones at the Big E (cheaper too).

CM, maybe you did? [lol]

The lobster feed isn't cheap. With today's prices I'd expect the price to be $40/person this year. Probably find out tomorrow night when I attend the monthly meeting.

It's a nice, relaxed family event.

Edited: Correction on prices: $20/adult and $15/child (both get the lobster, clams, chicken, etc.) Price was announced at the meeting 7/11/05. With retail prices for lobster right now, this is a deal and a-half!

new member here just chiming in... I don't have any specific's as to your outing but may be interested in attending.

I voted NH btw.

Re: New member

Dirtypacman said:
new member here just chiming in... I don't have any specific's as to your outing but may be interested in attending.

I voted NH btw.
It's still in the development stages. Once a range is secured we can settle on a camp site for after the shooting for BBQ and cocktails/beer.

Y'know, it just dawned on me that I had only mentioned to Derek in e-mail that I was interested...

Sign me up; at the very least I'll come out for the day...

Jay G said:
Y'know, it just dawned on me that I had only mentioned to Derek in e-mail that I was interested...

Sign me up; at the very least I'll come out for the day...

And I was forgetfull enough not to add you to the list. :D

Well, to be fair to you I didn't OFFICIALLY say yes...

I did mention to SWMBO about the idea of finding a hotel around Keene. She was not hostile to it... [wink]

Jay G said:
Well, to be fair to you I didn't OFFICIALLY say yes...

I did mention to SWMBO about the idea of finding a hotel around Keene. She was not hostile to it... [wink]

That a boy, it would be nice to meet the two of you. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom