Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Follow up from this thread SA Compact in 38 Super
I wish someone would post a pic of one of these wonderful builds, after years of being carried/ used. Because if I had one of these, it would have LOTS of character after a few years.

This is my Springfield that I purchased From Lou at BEC in 2011. This was built before Lou's custom Morse code work became a thing.
I have shot it in countless USPSA and steel matches, It has been to 3 Area 7 championships and a SingleStack national championship at Pasa Park. I estimate 70,000 rounds. I forgot that I had it refinished, It must have been about 4 years ago that I took it back to Lou for some fresh cerekote, before that it was very worn on holster contact areas and from my sweat.

Springfield.jpg

How are you liking the Colt Competition? Looking to pick one up very soon. Still deciding on stainless or blued version. Leaning towards stainless.

I love it - I can shoot the same hole every shot. I preferred the look of the stainless versus the blued, but it’s easier to fix if you do inadvertently do the “idiot scratch” but I haven’t done that yet. It’s all about putting it together the right way after a good cleaning.

Well as my dads cousins collection is just about sold off. It's been seven years, he told me to keep a few if I really wanted them but we needed money for the estate. I think I've kept maybe ten long guns. I just pay the 15% Commission and FFL Transfer fee to the guy who's been selling off the collection. Well, I told him years ago there was only one handgun I wanted, and here it is, I'll do a little plinking with today in the yard before I go back to the Communistwealth of Massachusetts.

Attachments

• 20220403_101304.jpg
    20220403_101304.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom