-1.5" 50yd Group guarantee
-3.5# Action and trigger job
-Ambi Tactical Safety

knq0kXY.jpg

Ridiculously nice trigger and tackdriver. 5 Shot 50 foot group offhand:
NHTpu8e.jpg

Beautiful gun. Great group!
What makes a safety tactical?

That's what Baer calls it to distinguish it from the larger paddle safeties. It's basically a different, smaller contoured safety. I think it comes standard with other features if you get their "tactical" package which is where the name comes from.

I love the way Baer maintains the classic look of the pistol. Absolutely beautiful 1911. I normally do not include pictures when quoting a post like this, but these pics were worth a second look.

Very, very nice.

Les Baer Monolith:
-Ambi Tactical Safety

knq0kXY.jpg

NHTpu8e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I love the way Baer maintains the classic look of the pistol. Absolutely beautiful 1911. I normally do not include pictures when quoting a post like this, but these pics were worth a second look.

Very, very nice.

Les Baer Monolith:
-Ambi Tactical Safety

knq0kXY.jpg

NHTpu8e.jpg

Where are you guys finding these?

Just my .02.... My LGS has a fair pass-through of used Colts including 1911s, and while not always inexpensive (they'd definitely be cheaper in free-states) I tend to watch for something in good shape that comes in, pay the piper, take it home, clean it up and then enjoy it at the range.

Not all gun stores will have bunches of 1911s, let along Colts, come in on a somewhat seasonal basis. So it pays to keep a few shops in your circle of regular visits.

The one in the upper left is a 10mm Delta Elite I bought back in Mar of '94. The Gold Cup was bought brand new a few months later. It started out life as one of their "Enhanced" models from that period in the early '90s, but I never really liked that style with the GCs. This past year, I sent it to Colt and they "modified" it back to traditional configuration for me (i.e. new spur hammer, grip safety, sear, and new style trigger). They did all the work at absolutely no cost to me and even sent back the original parts just in case I wanted to switch back. Great customer service. I just like classic lines when it comes to Gold cups.

Back
Top Bottom