• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Maybe one day, I will build a 1911. I would want one of those Remsport frame and slides that he makes. Probably go with Wilson parts from there...

Thanks. I chose .40 because it makes major power factor in USPSA while saving a few pennies per round over the typical .45 gamer loads. And I don't have to use a barney mag. I'm loading 180 grain bullets to 1.185" in Wilson 10mm mags.

Ahhhhh, that makes a ton of sense. And who says no good ever comes from a 40? [laugh]

That is just real smart, and the firearm is beautiful. Rep points inbound. Thanks for sharing.

Good job Bill, looks great

Are those grips grippy enough? and the front strap?

Thanks Sean. I'm probably going to checker the front strap at some point. The carbon fiber grips are ok but not great. Any suggestions?

Also going to put on the big Dawson magwell if I ever get around to ordering the basepads.

Yeah skateboard tape on the front strap for me.

I have a pair of VZ operator II grips and love them. Mine have the relief for the mag release button like the grips in Realquick's post above.... Those look like VZ recons.

Finally some pictures of the latest addition to the family. Kimber Super Carry Custom HD

Z8VmVy0.jpg

zyV5XeK.jpg

VtVxVEU.jpg

I love round butts, and I cannot lie!

mmmmmmm, bobtail

Its AMAZING the difference in carry comfort the bobtail makes. I carry a full size Springfield Loaded MC Operator and a Springfield EMP in .40 S&W. I love my full size 1911s but the grip just kills when I get in the truck. The super carry feels like I am carrying the EMP.

- - - Updated - - -

I love round butts, and I cannot lie!

mmmmmmm, bobtail

Its AMAZING the difference in carry comfort the bobtail makes. I carry a full size Springfield Loaded MC Operator and a Springfield EMP in .40 S&W. I love my full size 1911s but the grip just kills when I get in the truck. The super carry feels like I am carrying the EMP.

Ruger with custom engarving

Had to spruce up my Ruger 1911. VZ grips added the finishing touch.

Attachments

• DSCN0533.jpg
    DSCN0533.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0534.jpg
    DSCN0534.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom