• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Officer Shot After Pointing Stun Gun at Man's Dogs

Firestorm, let's say some bad guys quietly broke into your house in the middle of the night and managed to subdue you before you could get hold of your bedside 12 gauge Mossy Persuader. Your wife manages to dial 911, but not get a word in, before the BGs tie her up too. Would you welcome the cops busting in, or would you rather they respect your property rights and wake up a judge and try to get a warrant over the next 2 hours, while the BG do unspeakable things to you and your wife?
Lets take it a step farther: Say I fell down the stairs and broke my head open and was bleeding to death while unconsious. Would I rather lay there and die or would I be happy if a group of ATF agents just happened to kick in my door for a warrantless and unconstitutional weapons seizure because obama ordered it after refusing to step down after losing the election in 2012? I would probably be glad if the agents called me an ambulance before stealing my guns. I would at least get to see my kids grow up and live out the rest of my life.

Just because in an extreme set of circumstances something works out in your favor, does not mean it is right legally or morally or that is something we should strive to make commonplace.

Just because in an extreme set of circumstances something works out in your favor, does not mean it is right legally or morally or that is something we should strive to make commonplace.

True, just because it happens to work out in your favor does not mean it is right legally, but a federal appeals court ruling which has not been overturned by the US Supreme Court DOES, by definition, mean it is right legally. Besides, BGs breaking into your house is not so extreme and rare a possibility. That's why all of us on the forum are armed, no?

I was not saying that warrantless entry wouldn't happen if they had enough reason (A call or circumstances that lead them to believe they have cause to enter) I was saying if he is standing there jawing with the guy about going over his property while the guy tells him to leave unless he has a warrant then he obviously doesn't have cause to be there, or he wouldn't have bothered talking, he would have done his thing, and taken the guy into custody if needed.

I think that's stupid, and as I said before I would rather deal with the consequences of the police not intruding into my life, rather than having them everywhere. If we are going into far out hypotheticals if we didnt have a system in place that disallows people from defending themselves from scumbags like your people breaking in and doing horrible things to me and my wife it would be super unlikey people like that would be randomly striking, as there would be a high risk of death with their actions. Right now because the system punishes those that look out for themselves, they can be pretty sure they wont get too hurt doing that stuff.

True, just because it happens to work out in your favor does not mean it is right legally, but a federal appeals court ruling which has not been overturned by the US Supreme Court DOES, by definition, mean it is right legally. Besides, BGs breaking into your house is not so extreme and rare a possibility. That's why all of us on the forum are armed, no?
The SC is a joke. They are politicians in black robes that are appointed by polititians in suits and ties.

Is it legal to use deadly force when the property(dogs in this case) is being threatened with non lethal force?

Here (MA) obviously not. What you're really asking is am I required to defend myself with like force?

In my OPINION, No. You attack me with a butter knife and I shoot you with a 12ga - in my book and provided I did not instigate the attack, that is just dandy. Why should I so much as chip a nail because YOU decide to go off your rocker?

In law, I probably am required to use like force.

Now it becomes a question of the officer's capability and the curmudgeon's perception of the offier's attack.

The reason water pistols have orange muzzles is so that police officers don't accidentally gun down kids playing cowboys and indians. (exaggerated for effect).

Mr. C sees a gun in the officer's hand and doesn't realize it is "just" a taser, hears the order to shoot and reacts.

Or, could he reasonably expect the officer to not just stop with the tasing? The officer had the capability to use a handgun even if it was not in his hand at that moment. A good lawyer (an oxymoron if there ever was one) could possibly get a jury to believe Mr. C was justified in that case.

OfficerObie, I just assumed your name was your profession and nickname. I'll have to look up the radio program.

I'll have to look up the radio program.

officer OB means the alice's restaurant masacree in 6 part harmony.... and feelin.....

record.... movie, re-record-ed

here's a newer version for you....

over 20 minutes long.... some radio stations play it around thanksgiving, for reasons that will hopefully be obvious after listening to the song...

[video=youtube_share;LjKF7aQthcQ]http://youtu.be/LjKF7aQthcQ[/video]

27 - 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was....

Ah, I know and like that song, but names tend to elude me. I was dating/stalking my then future wife for six months before I knew her last name. Then I had to learn it all over again after we married...

How about your cat? Is it ok to shoot a cop who threatens your cat? My kids have turtle, how about the turtle? Shoot someone over your turtle? Yep, it makes sense to me.

I am an American too. Even served right out of high school and have always owned a dog. My point was about common sense. Does that make sense to you? You put the life of a dog at the same or greater value as a human being.

I understand your point. No one is advocating unlawful search or allowing unmitigated use of force by the police but you seem to not understand mine. Just because a cop makes a mistake, it is not an excuse to shoot him.

But just to make sure I don't make any more asinine comparisons, could you please post a list, excluding people of course, of all the animals that you think are worth shooting someone over? I'd hate to look at your cow the wrong way and be digging buckshot out of my behind. How about my lawn? I tend and care for my lawn and it is alive? Can I shoot you for messing with my lawn? I know someone with a pot bellied pig. How about tasty pets?

Where did I say that a cop pointing a gun at a living, breathing animal was ok? I just said you shouldn't shoot him if he does. You know, common sense. Something that single cell animals do not posess, so you are right, it is like arguing with an amoeba.

But don't go away!!! I want to know what else you think is worth shooting someone for. I want to add my wide screen and coffee maker to the list. I know they are not living but if you mess with them I will take you out.

Laughable at best.

Well, folks, it looks like I will be going to jail then with no remorse whatsoever. That is, how you say, how I roll I guess. Just like when Mr. LEO shows up on my doorstep and demands I relinquish all of my "high-capacity clips" would = jail time for me. [wink]

Laughable at best.

Well, folks, it looks like I will be going to jail then with no remorse whatsoever. That is, how you say, how I roll I guess. Just like when Mr. LEO shows up on my doorstep and demands I relinquish all of my "high-capacity clips" would = jail time for me. [wink]

How the hell have we gotten to confiscation of hc mags? You've spun this into your own chest pounding opportunity pretty well, aren't you just the most alpha-wannabe tough-guy keyboard commando...Barney Fife would do well to stay off your property[/sarcasm] [rolleyes]

Wait… I see a neighbor telling the press the shooter is a scumbag. But where is shooter’s wife/girlfriend whom was domestically disturbed? If you are a journalist would that be a key interview to get on record?

How the hell have we gotten to confiscation of hc mags? You've spun this into your own chest pounding opportunity pretty well, aren't you just the most alpha-wannabe tough-guy keyboard commando...Barney Fife would do well to stay off your property[/sarcasm] [rolleyes]

Just playing into the crowd, son. You win.

Back
Top Bottom