Officer-involved shooting leaves 16-year-old girl dead in Ohio: UPDATE POST # 258 - NO CHARGES

Reptile

NES Member

Victim's aunt said her teenage niece was shot multiple times by police​

An officer-involved shooting in Columbus, Ohio on Tuesday afternoon left 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant dead, family members told 10TV.

Police were originally called to the scene on the east side of the city around 3:45 p.m. on a report of an attempted stabbing.

The victim, who Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther described as a "young woman," was pronounced deceased at a local hospital shortly before 5:30 p.m.

Hazel Bryant, who identified herself as the victim's aunt, said that her teenage niece picked up a knife to defend herself during a fight with other people in the neighborhood.

"Police rolled up, shot my niece four times," Bryant told 10TV's Lacey Crisp.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, which is investigating the shooting, has not identified the victim.

Videos posted by local news reporters and bystanders showed a chaotic scene. The shooting occurred just before a verdict was announced in the shooting death of George Floyd, for which former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murder.

Mayor Ginther said that there is body-worn camera footage of the invident that authorities are working to review.

"We will share information that we can as soon as it becomes available," Ginther wrote on Twitter. "I’m asking for residents to remain calm and allow BCI to gather the facts."

Protesters were gathering near the location of the shooting and shouting at police as investigators worked the scene.

Another Columbus police officer is facing a murder charge for a fatal shooting. Officer Adam Coy shot Andre Hill on Dec. 22 as Hill was emerging from a garage holding up a cell phone, officials previously said.

Last edited:
DEFCON rules
I prefer the happening-con
330.gif

I saw the footage during their press conference, it probably won’t matter but it looks clean. It’s horrible that it’s a 16 girl, but she was attempting to murder another young girl in plain view of like 10 people + police.

Saw a blurb she got shot because she was stabbing people.

The facts don't matter at this point. This LEO was in an impossible position, had to make a split-second decision as to whether the girl with the knife was actually going to stab the girl dressed in pink or not. It sure looked like it.

So now the police have "murdered a 16 year old girl." /SARC

Insoluble problem is insoluble.

Last edited:
Would’ve been safer for the cops physically and legally if they just arrived late to clean up the aftermath after people sort things out themselves. Even the person who almost got stabbed is probably shouting BLM now.
The worst part isn't random people thinking that.
The worst part is the cops concluding that.

And there will always be a Next Time for some cop,
so those who have eyes to see will see it played out for real.
[angry]

Back
Top Bottom