• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Officer-involved shooting leaves 16-year-old girl dead in Ohio: UPDATE POST # 258 - NO CHARGES

Jeez...really? Never knew that. They should probably stop using the whole "To Protect and Serve" then.

You're really not very familiar then with the some of the core underlying arguments that the gun rights community have been making for probably at least two decades now. When the lefties constantly make their "the police have guns and will protect you " bogus arguments, gun rights advocates have pointed out that "no duty to protect" thing for a long long time.

Let's entertain the full retard idea that knife fights are somehow not lethal encounters and so common place for kids we should just let them happen.

I don't think stand your ground allows you to chase down a person you were arguing with and stab them on a public sidewalk. If the girl who almost got stabbed had just committed a felony on your property like trying to rob you or steal something, I say game on. Thats not what happened here.

If you're going to "entertain the idea" that knife fights are common and we should just let them happen - I think you're still left with the fact that in this case - only one person had a knife.

So it wasn't a "knife fight" - it was a knife assault. Once again the lefties can't seem to keep their shit straight.

But I like where they're going with this , because it means they're working on codifying the legal logic that total disparity of force & response is completely ok. In other words - if some guy curbs his dog on my lawn - I can blow him away with a shotgun. I sort of like where they're going with that - and I'm left to wonder if maybe we shouldn't just let them run with it.

Ibram X. Kendi, an activist and author of the book “How to Be an Antiracist,” questioned what would happen if Columbus police responded to a similar incident that involved white people during an interview on CNN Thursday. Kendi said officers should’ve “talked her down” instead of using deadly force.

“Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons,” activist Bree Newsome tweeted Wednesday. “We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon against one of the teenagers.”

Because Ohio is a “stand your ground” state, Bryant was justified in using a knife to protect herself and her property, Yakita told the DCNF. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine signed “stand your ground” legislation in March, removing citizens’ duty to retreat when being attacked, NBC affiliate WLWT-TV reported.

“Since those girls were at Ma’Khia’s foster home to fight her, legally, in Ohio, she’s allowed to take the knife and she’s technically allowed to stab any of them and get away with self defense,” she said.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, Yakita said she quickly drove to the scene of the shooting. Since then, she has led various protests and marches against the Columbus Police Department and police brutality.

I'm starting to see another angle to this.

They're trying to make the argument that Bryant was only using stand your ground to protect herself and her property against a GROUP of people who "came there to fight her".

Well isn't that exactly what we've been looking for ? An excuse to take your shotgun and just start blowing away a crowd of Antifah or BLM goons who show up at your property "to fight you"?

Maybe we're standing on the wrong side of the argument here - given the overall situation in this country.

You're really not very familiar then with the some of the core underlying arguments that the gun rights community have been making for probably at least two decades now. When the lefties constantly make their "the police have guns and will protect you " bogus arguments, gun rights advocates have pointed out that "no duty to protect" thing for a long long time.

Yes. That's true. I've only been in the hobby since 2017.

I just responded to a FaceBook thread where a liberal loonie suggested the law enforcement use rubber bullets instead.

OMFG...

I saw the footage during their press conference, it probably won’t matter but it looks clean. It’s horrible that it’s a 16 girl, but she was attempting to murder another young girl in plain view of like 10 people + police.
You gotta love a clean cop shooting that saves lives. We here a lot about the bad things a few cops do, but I can't remember the last time that I heard anyone praise a cop for doing a good job. The sad thing is, that even though this appears to be a clean shooting, politics being what they are, some shitbird, will probably try to burn this cop at the stake, one way, or the other.

Ohio police officer who killed teenager Ma’Khia Bryant won't face charges​

Columbus police officer Nicholas Reardon shot the teenager as she was swinging a knife at another teenage girl, authorities said​

Back
Top Bottom