• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Officer accidentally shoots self in foot

Some of you folks really show your level of intelligence with those kinds of comments, Then you wonder why you have no crediability. That was a Private College, so no tax dollars are used there.
Joe, let's face it, you had the best firearms training available (USMC). Every Marine a rifleman, including the desk jockeys. By the way, a very belated shout-out to thank you for the excellent hunter safety course that you taught my class many (and I mean MANY!) moons ago at Methuen Rod and Gun. Glad to know that you are enjoying your retirement. If anyone deserves it, it is you. Thanks again! Tom

This has me nervous. I re-holstered my gun a few hours ago. How long do I have to wait to be sure my gun won't go off before my feet can be safe?

Also, pretty interesting how there can be a stray bullet in an enclosed bullet-proof trailer.

Lack of corrective and repetative training!!! Some instructor in the past, did not catch and correct this bad habit. Then have the indivdual do, draw and holster drills until finger placement was instinctive.
maybe he was looking to get off the foot patrol, "look sarge no feet"

so you or i cannot fire a gun within 150' of a street or 500' from a residence, but this guy can practice shooting himself in the foot 200' from a high school in session, 50' from a street and less than 200' from a residence? did nwa say it right or what?

edit: campus police officer, i hope his equipment is downgraded to mace and a maglight. at least if he drops his light, or accidentally discharges his mace onto his boot, a bystander will not be seriously injured.
MACE? are you crazy?
how about a whistle that does not exceed 80db. [rofl]

Last edited:
please do not copy my patent idea. first came the totes rain covers for dress shoes.

now bulletproof tootsie covers for cops.[smile]

They will probably say the round cooked off, even though it would probably take 20-30 mag dumps to have that happen in a pistol...but hey, our tax money is paying for his ammo so who knows, right?
then the manufacturer of the ammo should be outed as dangerous, and the manufacturer should be sued in court. would love to see them try to prove a cook off happened

How the hell would that happen? Was he trying to stuff his whole hand in the holster?
they gave him the wrong holster. he wanted the baggy one with room to keep his finger on the trigger, just in case a dog approaches his foot while reholstering.

Maybe they should have a special reholstering unit for cops who are unsure of the procedure. They would call in it as "officer needs assistance in not shooting his foot off"

They were shooting the sequel to Footloose, but could not get Kevin Bacon, so they got this guy and are calling it Footless.

Back
Top Bottom