• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Officer accidentally shoots self in foot

I hate when I forget to take my finger our of the trigger guard...

... And still have it there when I re-holster.

I'm glad he is one of those we can trust to be 'professional' and highly trained to handle firearms unlike we plebeians.

The odd thing to me is with probably hundreds of thousands of newly licensed gun owners in the country it still seems like its just the cops accidentally shooting themselves...

“It appears to be accidental,” Chief Sherrill said. “State police are investigating whether the bullet ricocheted, was a stray bullet or a misfire.”

Yeah. there are so many stray bullets and misfires going through your foot in an enclosed mobile range trailer.

God forbid these guys own up to their own stupidity.

I know they're professionals and all, but I'm not and I've never shot myself.

I got this on the pager, but it made no mention of it being a PO at a range.

“It appears to be accidental,” Chief Sherrill said. “State police are investigating whether the bullet ricocheted, was a stray bullet or a misfire.”

Riccochet ???? [laugh]

Stray bullet ????
Is that like a stray dog that just wandered in from who knows where ??? [rolleyes]

Misfire ???
A misfire would be a dud, the bullet would still be in the cartridge.

Funny how these are the only causes they're investigating.

How about this one:

"the guy had his booger hook on the bang switch when he stuck it in the holster".

I got this on the pager, but it made no mention of it being a PO at a range.

Riccochet ???? [laugh]

Stray bullet ????
Is that like a stray dog that just wandered in from who knows where ??? [rolleyes]

Misfire ???
A misfire would be a dud, the bullet would still be in the cartridge.

Funny how these are the only causes they're investigating.

How about this one:

"the guy had his booger hook on the bang switch when he stuck it in the holster".
Them stray bullets are a dime a dozen. Just like alley cats. [laugh]

so you or i cannot fire a gun within 150' of a street or 500' from a residence, but this guy can practice shooting himself in the foot 200' from a high school in session, 50' from a street and less than 200' from a residence? did nwa say it right or what?

edit: campus police officer, i hope his equipment is downgraded to mace and a maglight. at least if he drops his light, or accidentally discharges his mace onto his boot, a bystander will not be seriously injured.

Last edited:
so you or i cannot fire a gun within 150' of a street or 500' from a residence, but this guy can practice shooting himself in the foot 200' from a high school in session, 50' from a street and less than 200' from a residence? did nwa say it right or what?

Unless you are on a range.
That's just what this is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This article tries to remove the blame from the officer, and to blame it on the dangerous gun.

So true, heres a quote from the article.

"when his gun fired Thursday morning as he was returning it to its holster."

Why can't they make guns that only fire when you pull the trigger

"when his gun fired Thursday morning as he was returning it to its holster."

Why can't they make guns that only fire when you pull the trigger

They do!! WE get those fancy guns, but apparently police are stuck with the ones that just fire at random. Poor bastards.

I am pretty sure they were a sponsor here. I know they had one of these trucks at KTP during one of their September fests, it was right around with the Beretta Storm came out because I laughed at how expensive it was (Fun to shoot though).

They will probably say the round cooked off, even though it would probably take 20-30 mag dumps to have that happen in a pistol...but hey, our tax money is paying for his ammo so who knows, right?

I know they're professionals and all, but I'm not and I've never shot myself.

Who said ANYTHING about them being professionals?? A. He's a police officer, B. He shot HIMSELF. If this is professional, it's really the nadir of professionalism.

Y'know when people say "OH GODS 30,000 PEOPLE DIED CUZ OF GUNZ LAST YR!" but that number includes suicides? I always wonder if the number of cops shot "in the line of duty" includes self-inflicted or ND's

Back
Top Bottom