Off to Northeast Trading to get some reloading recipies

So how in the hell did I end up coming home with this?
So I'm standing at the counter looking through a book when this old timer came up to the counter next to me. He asked Ted behind the counter if he bought handguns, he said no but I can sell on consignment if it is MA legal. So the old man takes this old revolver out of his little black bag and tells him (Ted) its loaded. Ted takes a gander at it and says it is not MA compliant so he cant help him, sorry. So I peak over and say how about selling it to the guy behind you with an FA-10 :) Ted tells the man that it would be perfectly legal to sell it that way. The guy says I just want to get rid of it, the wife hates it and she keeps hiding it on me, I just want some mace. So I asked him, what do you want for it? He says, I don't know how much you got? Told him I had a $50 spot in my pocket for the gun, SOLD !
Off to the local Police station I went to pick up an FA-10 while he waited in Northeast for me. Got back to Northeast Trading with my FA-10 and Ted helped us out filling in the info and even took the copy to mail in for us. What a great day and what a great shop for helping me out even though it wasn't their sale. Of coarse I couldn't leave without a fresh box of ammo, can't wait to try it out :)
Good to see you there Typo1313! I had that thing in my hands before anyone else there knew what going on, Dennis was like WTF are you doing back here already?

Here it is.
Its a Charter Arms, Undercover 38 in .38cal
It's about all I know about it right now, the price was right so why wouldn't ya? :D
Oh yeah, That nice Bianchi holster came with it too.

guns007.jpg

guns006.jpg

guns004.jpg

guns003.jpg

WHY?

Because it's not on the Approved Firearms Roster; a subject that has been covered time and time again on this forum.

I have no use for that gun, but for $ 50, I'd have jumped on it, too. It's GOT to be worth that much to somebody and I can find room for it in the safe until it's time to sell/trade it for something I DO want. [wink]

Ed, nice catch!! Doesn't look like it was fired more than a box or two, based on the trace around the cylinder.

It "would have been MA legal" if the owner had a copy of his bill of sale or old FA-10 form from when he bought it. But hardly anyone keeps them, so there is no proof that it was "in state" on 10/21/98!

Therefore, unless you run into a dealer who does a lot on the Internet (sell it out of state), they will either turn it down flat or offer you nothing for it!

A word to the wise, keep all your FA-10s!!

MORAL: Keep an FA-10 in your car at all times! You were lucky that the police station had some.

I got a bunch of stuff from the NRA years ago that came in a large envelope with a stiff cardboard liner and keep several FA-10 forms in that in a safe place under my back seat. Also have a trigger lock and a zippered case in the center console. Never know when you might need it. (^_^)

Good Buy!

Wait a minute....you need to fill out paperwork for a private sale between individuals???

Pat,

I see you are from Maine, so I'll cut you some slack here. [lol]

MA requires ALL firearms transactions to be "papered" with a state registration form, no matter how obtained or where. You also have to possess a license in order to possess any firearms, ammo, components, or mags.

It's been this way since before I got into shooting in 1976. [I am not sure that you needed the license to possess ammo, components and mags before 1998, but you did need it to buy them at least back before 1976.]

PatMcD said:
Wait a minute....you need to fill out paperwork for a private sale between individuals???

Pat remember when you sold your Kahr at the Maine Service rifle championship. And I commented after watching the paperless/trailless transaction by saying "So that's what's it's like to be free" ?

derek said:
Pat remember when you sold your Kahr at the Maine Service rifle championship. And I commented after watching the paperless/trailless transaction by saying "So that's what's it's like to be free" ?

Oh yeah. So that's what you meant.
P.S. That transaction was me selling a Glock 29 so's I could go buy a Kahr PM40.

Back
Top Bottom