• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Off-duty cop arrested after pointing gun at waitress

If you drop a magazine onto a hard surface, the top round can sometimes pop out. Or the floor plate can fail and the entire magazine and the cartridges, spring, and follower come out. It has happened to me.
Or all of the bullets stay in the magazine
and the entire subassembly "hits the floor".

what’s more interesting is why a waitress, after noticing someone carrying a gun, would as ‘are you in a gang?’ Seems like a great way to end up dead or worse.
^ This.

It's Flushing, N.Y. and the cop was Asian. Last I was there, it was a large Asian population. No doubt some gangs there.
Must be a lot f Chinese food joints in the area!
Probably, but this may (may) have been a Korean incidence.

David's two houses up from me. I saw Jimmy at the range yesterday. Shawn's about six houses up, he stopped by the other night when he was walking his dog and my garage door was open while I was reloading. They're all friends of mine, they're all cops.

I get it, you hate cops. That doesn't mean that all cops are a**h***s. That makes you the a**h*** for hating all of them.

I was robbed by a cop after a bike wreck and later threatened by his partner when I called IAD. He's a dick, but he'd be a dick no matter what job he had.

I would argue that not all cops are bad cops.

Having said that, it's *really hard* to be a good cop. To be a good cop you have to not only not do shitty things, you have to have zero tolerance for your fellow cops doing shitty things.

That second one is the tough one, because the cops that meet both the above criteria tend to get kicked out of the police, either by fabricated charges or just harrassment.

Then add to that the fact that mostly (not always, clearly) the cop's unions and chain of command all the way up default defending behavior that would get any of the rest of us killed or in prison.

I'm sure there are good cops that meet the above two criteria, but I'm sure as hell not going to assume any random cop I run across is one of them.

Look at what's running NY and you have to figure the best and brightest are running like hell in the opposite direction .
That leaves you with officer dipshit.

Oh dear! Maybe its time for the NYPD to take the NRA Basic Home Firearms Safety Course again!
"Rule Number One: Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
Rule Number Two: Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
Rule Number Three: Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it."
#3. YMMV

Look at what's running NY and you have to figure the best and brightest are running like hell in the opposite direction .
That leaves you with officer dipshit.
DeBlasio is pretty much universally hated in the NYPD. Certainly the rank n file. I'm sure there are your political suck ups in the higher ranks.
I really only have a few connections, but the stories they tell me about DeBlasio are eerily familiar to stories some of my military friends would say about Obama a few years back.

Or all of the bullets stay in the magazine
and the entire subassembly "hits the floor".

That's how I read it. Sloppy writing. The bullets (contained within the magazine) hit the floor.

Also, the cop was stupid drunk.

Waitress notices gun, "are you in a gang?"

"This gun?" (Unholsters and aims at her, in drunken state this seemed like a brilliant way to impress her.) "No, I'm a cop."

The image of tough masculinity he was shooting for (heh) is shattered as magazine falls from weapon.

Waitress is not impressed.

If you drop a magazine onto a hard surface, the top round can sometimes pop out. Or the floor plate can fail and the entire magazine and the cartridges, spring, and follower come out. It has happened to me.
If it's a Colt SMG magazine, it unloads like the old snakes-out-of-a-can trick. The magazine has a higher rate of fire than the SMG does.

Cops assume most people are a threat. I extend the same courtesy to them. So the cop that robbed you, the cop protecting and serving you in IAD, and the partner are all human feces. That's three for three in that interaction.
For example, would you think the cop in Framingham that robbed the evidence room chatted about that with the neighbors while out dog walking? They're all really swell guys until they're not....

The cop that robbed me is a dick. Cop in IAD did his job. The dick's partner stood up for him. I don't know if he knew his partner is a lying, thieving POS or if he just believed that I was a lying scum biker (which is what he said to me). I'll never know what he thought, I just know what he did.

So, one bad cop. One good cop. And one cop who either stood up for his partner because he trusted his partner or condoned his partner's actions.

Your "three for three" is wrong.

Furthermore, I was there, you weren't. I've had thirty years to think about this. I wasn't nearly as calm thirty years ago.

Last edited:
The cop that robbed me is a dick. Cop in IAD did his job. The dick's partner stood up for him. I don't know if he knew his partner is a lying, thieving POS or if he just believed that I was a lying scum biker (which is what he said to me). I'll never know what he thought, I just know what he did.

So, one bad cop. One good cop. And one cop who either stood up for his partner because he trusted his partner or condoned his partner's actions.

Your "three for three" is wrong.

Furthermore, I was there, you weren't. I've had thirty years to think about this. I wasn't nearly as calm thirty years ago.

I’m no expert here maybe you can help me. Would it be legal for a police officer to threaten you because you launched an investigation on his partner? Would that be a moral or ethical ethical thing to do? Was it right for the cop to assume you were the scum bag? Just a few bad apples indeed.

FWIW, Flushing has the BEST Chinese food on the eastern seaboard, that leaves Manhattan, Boston, DC by a mile... The concentration of 1st gen Chinese immigrants demands home-authentic food and restaurateurs cater to that. The competition is brutal and if you don't have the goods, you're out of business in 6 months.

I’m no expert here maybe you can help me. Would it be legal for a police officer to threaten you because you launched an investigation on his partner? Would that be a moral or ethical ethical thing to do? Was it right for the cop to assume you were the scum bag? Just a few bad apples indeed.

We look at the world differently. Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom