• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Off-duty cop arrested after pointing gun at waitress

Amazed that the reporter actually called it a mag and not a clip, but how the hell do the bullets "hit the floor"? Either way officer Kim is a complete moron.

Last edited:
Amazed that the reporter actually called it a mag and not a clip, but how the hell do the bullets "hit the floor"? Either officer Kim is a complete moron.

If you drop a magazine onto a hard surface, the top round can sometimes pop out. Or the floor plate can fail and the entire magazine and the cartridges, spring, and follower come out. It has happened to me.

Lol... kid is 25 years old... and honestly this is probably more of an indication of 'thug life' culture in NYC permeating everything than it is 'OMG THIN BLUE LINE'

Don't let me rain on your cop hating parade though.

Come on now. Can’t you do any better than that? That’s rhetorical of course.
Besides I only hate on the few bad apples. Not the good cops. Can anyone point out where they are at this point?

I guess this is an update on the old "Waitress Pinch"...

If you drop a magazine onto a hard surface, the top round can sometimes pop out. Or the floor plate can fail and the entire magazine and the cartridges, spring, and follower come out. It has happened to me.
No kidding? Chances are it's a one in a thousand chance, but I learned something new today.

Come on now. Can’t you do any better than that? That’s rhetorical of course.
Besides I only hate on the few bad apples. Not the good cops. Can anyone point out where they are at this point?

David's two houses up from me. I saw Jimmy at the range yesterday. Shawn's about six houses up, he stopped by the other night when he was walking his dog and my garage door was open while I was reloading. They're all friends of mine, they're all cops.

I get it, you hate cops. That doesn't mean that all cops are a**h***s. That makes you the a**h*** for hating all of them.

I was robbed by a cop after a bike wreck and later threatened by his partner when I called IAD. He's a dick, but he'd be a dick no matter what job he had.

Oh dear! Maybe its time for the NYPD to take the NRA Basic Home Firearms Safety Course again!
"Rule Number One: Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
Rule Number Two: Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
Rule Number Three: Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it."

It happens. Some magazine types are more prone to failure than others. Spend some time practicing reloads over a concrete floor and you’ll see your mags get messed up PDQ.
Glad you mentioned this. Saw it myself with rifle magazines. Rare, but does happen. When little Jill got her first .22 rifle at age 6 last year (Savage MK II FV SR) and we took it to the range, I told her to hold the loaded magazine firmly and insert it into the mag well until it clicked into place, then pull it straight down gently to insure that it was firmly seated.

My buddy is NYPD. There is,a thin blue line don't get me wrong... but according some of the stuff he told me, they have no problem going after their own.
Most probably dont make the news either.
Probably many sacrificial lambs. Weed out the dumb ones.

The cop is a dumbass, that’s not up for debate.

what’s more interesting is why a waitress, after noticing someone carrying a gun, would as ‘are you in a gang?’ Seems like a great way to end up dead or worse.

Glad you mentioned this. Saw it myself with rifle magazines. Rare, but does happen. When little Jill got her first .22 rifle at age 6 last year (Savage MK II FV SR) and we took it to the range, I told her to hold the loaded magazine firmly and insert it into the mag well until it clicked into place, then pull it straight down gently to insure that it was firmly seated.
Happened to me with a FAL.

Also Kahr magazines don’t have a strong hold on the top round.

David's two houses up from me. I saw Jimmy at the range yesterday. Shawn's about six houses up, he stopped by the other night when he was walking his dog and my garage door was open while I was reloading. They're all friends of mine, they're all cops.

I get it, you hate cops. That doesn't mean that all cops are a**h***s. That makes you the a**h*** for hating all of them.

I was robbed by a cop after a bike wreck and later threatened by his partner when I called IAD. He's a dick, but he'd be a dick no matter what job he had.

Cops assume most people are a threat. I extend the same courtesy to them. So the cop that robbed you, the cop protecting and serving you in IAD, and the partner are all human feces. That's three for three in that interaction.
For example, would you think the cop in Framingham that robbed the evidence room chatted about that with the neighbors while out dog walking? They're all really swell guys until they're not....

The cop is a dumbass, that’s not up for debate.

what’s more interesting is why a waitress, after noticing someone carrying a gun, would as ‘are you in a gang?’ Seems like a great way to end up dead or worse.
It's Flushing, N.Y. and the cop was Asian. Last I was there, it was a large Asian population. No doubt some gangs there.

It's Flushing, N.Y. and the cop was Asian. Last I was there, it was a large Asian population. No doubt some gangs there.
What's the next town over from there, toilet seat or wax ring?

Must be a lot f Chinese food joints in the area!

Back
Top Bottom