• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Off brand maginifiers with Brand name Red Dots?

Titan

Banned
Has anyone had success with 'off brand' magnifiers (i.e. Mako, Vortex, etc.) with Aimpoint or Eotech sites on their AR?

I have an Aimpoint on the way and at some point would love a magnifier, but not at $450+.

Can a lower price magnifier work okay (for SHTF, non-competitive targe shooting, etc.)?

Last edited:
It's not the magnification that is the issue with the knock-offs.
It is the flip-to-side mount. No one can cheaply duplicate it.

If you want to permanently mount the magnifier, you should have no issues with a clone.

If you want to permanently mount the magnifier, you should have no issues with a clone.

What about alignment. Has to be fairly close...no?

Bill

Of use a good LaRue mount with a "knock-off" magnifier.

I own a Vortex magnifier with the EOTech red dot. I bought the flip mount for the magnifier and it works great. Optic was dead on without adjustment after I mounted it on the rail.

I haven't had it afield yet to see how it behaves while I'm carry the rifle, but the mount seems firm enough to stay put and yet still easy to swing out when magnification is not wanted.

I'm happy I bought it HERE. YMMV

Last edited:
I own a Vortex magnifier with the EOTech red dot. I bought the flip mount for the magnifier and it works great. Optic was dead on without adjustment after I mounted it on the rail.

I haven't had it afield yet to see how it behaves while I'm carry the rifle, but the mount seems firm enough to stay put and yet still easy to swing out when magnification is not wanted.

Excellent. That's exactly the type of first hand feedback I'm looking for.

did you get the vortex swing mount or the larue flip mount? I'm interested in getting a magnifier but I'm not sure if I wanna spring for the aimpoint one

did you get the vortex swing mount or the larue flip mount? I'm interested in getting a magnifier but I'm not sure if I wanna spring for the aimpoint one

Vortex, just like in the link. Bought the mount with the magnifier (3rd item on the link).

Last edited:
Vortex, just like in the link. Bought the mount with the magnifier (3rd item on the link).

When I clicked on the link it was the first item that had the swing mount. It is the VMX3 with swing mount for $229.99 correct?

I still like the Vortex. Easy on/off; swings out of the way when you want to just use the EOTech; it does the job.

Back
Top Bottom