Of all your favorite wheelguns what was your favorite?

My favorite is the S&W Model 15. It's the one on the far right with the walnut grips. I have the original grips stored away as they are mint adn don't want anything to happen to them. This wheelgun was my uncles service revolver when he was an LE back in the 60s. It came to me when he unfortunately passed away. It's in great shape. It's my favorite because its the one that has personal family history.

AllSmiths1.jpg

Up until the last year it was my Colt Python 6" stainless, but now I find the S&W 625 holds the top spot..... The 617 isn't far behind, chased by the Colt SAA - oh heck I love them all the same.....

I don't have a ton of experience with wheel guns but I sure do like my S&W 686 with 4" barrel. She shoots just as sweet as pie.
Sorry for the stock photo

Attachments

• 686+1.jpg
    686+1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 10
The good old Model 15 (this is a factory-converted pre Model 14) like the one I learned on in the Air Force.

IMG_0016.jpg

My model 37 that my dad carried on the job for many years. I was with him when he bought the gun at Bernie Goulds in Medford (long since defunct) this is a sentimental favorite.

For pure shooting pleasure, my 586 - 6" that I bought around 1982 and has over 100,000 rounds through it and still shoots sweet!

LOVED my Security Six/Heavy Barrel, my first CF revo. Bought it for LFI I.

Then I discovered N-frames. Love the 27 for its deep blue, great weight and the caliber; like the 625 for the ability to take moon clips and shoot the same ammo as my 1911's.

I've never owned a S&W wheelgun except for my 642. I bought a used Ruger GP100 4" stainless model back when I was 21 or so. I absolutely loved that gun. I even set up a shoulder rig for it and spent some time with it as a CCW underneath bulky shirts...it was the mid-1990s so bulky flannel-type shirts were the "trend" for people of my age at the time. Several years ago money was tight and in order to get my wife a few things for Christmas I decided to sell off a couple of safe queens, which the GP100 had become. I still miss it and my eyes light up a bit when I see one here or there for sale. Someday I may get another one, just to have again, even if I don't shoot it much.

Back
Top Bottom